Let's see your 2020 Full Tank (FTS) Shots!

Rukk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much have you lost to the carpets?
I had one larger than yours and lost thousands of dollars in livestock to it.
It ate...
Purple tang
Powder blue tangs
Bluethroat trigger
Hippo tangs
Clownfish
Clown tang
Many many more.

While I have read of people saying that the carpets (Haddonis in my case) will get at least one or some of your fish at some point, I ...so far... have not had an issue. I have had both of these for about a year and the clowns wallow in them of course but I have not experienced any fish loses. Zero. Have eight fish currently.

However, I do know though that they have gotten some of my snails, saw evidence of that (my wife was upset as she loves her some snails). My sand star and a cuke have gone missing they I don't know whether they passed or possibly fell victim to the 'nems, not sure. My hammer was mounted above the one on the left and after about a year fell face down in the nem. Of course I was at work so not sure how long it was like but I pulled it out and it was about half white (bleached) and then proceeded to go completely white and I thought it was probably a goner but it has come back and is coloring back up though it is not completely back.

Otherwise, no issues of consequence. I am sorry that you experienced such losses and I hope I don't end with a similar situation.

My experience so far has been good and I really enjoy watching the clowns and the 'nems do their thing.

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200109_192517.jpg

Anihiel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know I WOULD post a full tank shot but..
Yeah, I got nuthin but a few frags.
8 months young, just added some more rock so it's getting there.
In the interim, please enjoy this action shot of a super-fast-foxface.
20200109_195854.jpg

Aussiemarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This year I am going to setup my coral QT tank and start housing SPS. I have been working on getting parameters stable and with the new lights I have been slowly increasing the intensity. I also have a few more fish on my wishlist (mainly wrasse).
I am also planning some house renovations mid year so I may even upgrade the tank again to something in the 5-6Ft range (fingers crossed)

Here she is

E624B3F6-1AD7-49FF-BCA3-D9CBEA190138.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back