Lettuce nudibranch with a coral banded shrimp?

lone_wolff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I have a Coral Banded Shrimp and am considering a Lettuce Nudibranch. Should I be concerned about that shrimpo making a salad of that slug?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had several Coral Banded for years....never seen any evidence of this bad rap they seem to get from time to time.... all of mine have left everything alone and when dinner bell rings they are out for the scraps.
I just had a cb scrymp kill my harlequin last week. I want him out like yesterday.

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen sea lettuce eat ha. Just like sea hares they do die after cleaning the aquarium yes. Lol.
D

I cant tell if this is sarcasm. I had 3 Lettuce nudibranches in a tank with all sorts of nuisance algae to feed on, but they never ate anything, withered away and died. Then I did research and found they only eat Bryopsis and occasionally halimeda. There could be more than one kind though.

Elephant slugs on the other hand seem to survive and grow off nothing at all. I wish I had more, but no one sells them.

Last edited:

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no sarcasm. Water chemistry needs to be perfect and stable. They are a nudibranch.
Yes Stoneleigh snails are just now starting to become popular. I call them speed racer snails.
D

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no sarcasm. Water chemistry needs to be perfect and stable. They are a nudibranch.
Yes Stoneleigh snails are just now starting to become popular. I call them speed racer snails.
D

Lettuce nudibranches are not nudibranches, they are slugs. And elephant slugs are not slugs, they are limpets (a type of snail). Confusing, I know. Whats a stoneleigh snail? Google gave me the sideways look of confusion on that one.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.7%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back