LF Unique fish to add to my tank.

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a CVUE 40 gallon long Tank. I am looking to add one more fish to my tank as the final inhabitant of my tank. My tank currently has 2 clownfish, a green chromis, a six line wrasse, clown fairy wrasse, aptasia eating file fish and a hector goby. Along with a cleaner shrimp and a blood shrimp. I am looking to add something that would fit in with this group of fish, as well be a really cool addition to my tank. I am just trying to find some ideas for something that will stand out. Thanks for any ideas.

18BA44C7-944C-4ACC-8197-956B1FCAAACF.jpeg 0D80CBE2-8D6C-4361-A41E-7BE6B8B3038B.jpeg

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post picture of your tank? Lots of rocks?
I just added picture. I have good amount of rock and I have space to add more. Most my fish tend to hang out on right side of tank.

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my Marine Betta chillin’. Super peaceful fish, and a slower mo

Here’s my Marine Betta chillin’. Super peaceful fish, and a slower mover.

EF827872-17D9-4792-A4BA-1589823ED9CF.jpeg
That was my next question I was going to ask. How are they with other fish because some website say peaceful and others say semi aggresive.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my next question I was going to ask. How are they with other fish because some website say peaceful and others say semi aggresive.
Super peaceful (not sure if this is typical or not). He doesn’t swarm the food like the rest - just hangs back from the others and waits for me to place some mysis near him. He also eats brine and bloodworms, but mysis is by far his favorite.

Supposedly they’re nocturnal, but mine sleeps at night (or is fairly inactive) and is out and about during the day. He usually hangs out in a rock, crevice or cave until it’s feeding time - then makes a gradual appearance.

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about some springerii damselfish
Or kupang damsel to add as utility fish for nuciancse algae and micro fauna

Maybe a trio of neon cleaner gobies for parasite control and cleaning rocks glass and sand

Maybe a blue spot or Valentini puffer as they are generally reef safe and graze on the rocks and stay relatively small

If your going for looks maybe add a pair of engineer gobies or a couple firefish

Maybe a yasha ,ywg or diamond goby to pair with prawn and stir sandbed

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll second a goby/pistol shrimp pair. Love the behavior.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try a sunburst anthias. Beautiful fish, but your biggest problem will be adding any new fish since you have a 6-line wrasse. They're normally very aggressive to newcomers. You may need to move it to an acclimation box before putting anything in.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back