OP
FlexingFishSticks

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefer xl and above feature marine grade plywood with an HPL coating. I don't know what material would be better for building stands than that.

One thing I think most people miss is that all these companies are hitting a price point. Custom tanks are great, (assuming the builder builds great tanks) but are not in many peoples budget. By the time you add up all the premium parts you can only afford a tank 1/2 the size you wanted. Back to the bigger, less premium tank that I can still make work for the next ten years. Compromises need to be made for most of us mere mortals.
We Americans we don’t compromise ;Woot

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shall we all band together and become an aquarium stand manufacturer ? ;Woot
come on over to the Glass Cages Studio. We would welcome the direct feedback. What does the community want for their journey? We are listening.

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First any store that sells Red Sea or water box doesn’t really want to sell them the profit margin is really low. But they have them there to bring in customers.
Second I’ve owned both and many others including plants aquarium, IM, Bio cubes, deep blue, aqueon, fluval and some I cannot remember the names of. Out of all these I would only buy a water box or get another custom tank from @Joe Glass Cages.
my rimless tank from Glasscages is the nicest tank I’ve own and as far as customer support you probably wouldn’t find any better.
I would recommend reef savvy since I’ve only heard good things and there tanks look good but there customer support sucks. I’ve been trying to get a quote for over a year from them and finally just gave up

0C476450-E1D6-43BD-90DD-8F1CE3C57E65.jpeg
05462DAF-1635-4CC6-B934-062DA1B06AE1.jpeg
Tank set up looks great @RichardG. Thanks for sharing with everyone. We want to support the best we can. We love hearing feedback. We wish everyone the best on their journey!

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha what is glass cages studio warranty? :)
Thanks for asking @FlexingFishSticks.

90 days to lifetime. You pick the warranty that fits your needs. And the warranty covers the tank on any stand. We listened to everyone and adjusted our warranty.

Please see the link below.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FlexingFishSticks

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for asking @FlexingFishSticks.

90 days to lifetime. You pick the warranty that fits your needs. And the warranty covers the tank on any stand. We listened to everyone and adjusted our warranty.

Please see the link below.

Lifetime?! Nice! Can’t beat that...

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You should totally check out the Cade USA aquariums we offer over at www.algaebarn.com . The stands are aluminum, already put together and will withstand the tests of time! Why should you have to worry about putting together an overpriced stand that that will make you wake up in the middle of the night thinking you heard something? YOU SHOULD'NT! These 80/20 (t slot) stands are what you were waiting for!

PR2-1800-B1.jpg PR2-1800-B10.jpg PR2-1800-B4.jpg

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should totally check out the Cade USA aquariums we offer over at www.algaebarn.com . The stands are aluminum, already put together and will withstand the tests of time! Why should you have to worry about putting together an overpriced stand that that will make you wake up in the middle of the night thinking you heard something? YOU SHOULD'NT! These 80/20 (t slot) stands are what you were waiting for!

PR2-1800-B1.jpg PR2-1800-B10.jpg PR2-1800-B4.jpg
Those look great. so many options for the hobbyist. I love that!

drmantistoboggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth, I have a waterbox aquarium and just finished a move with it. It held up great through the move. The stand still looks solid. I had some hinges get damaged by the movers, called waterbox and they sent me replacement parts. Very happy with my tank.

Palegic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill chime in. Not hugely impressed with the laminated MDF stands that Red Sea produces. Cheap hardware and pretty thin 1/2" material. The tank however is pretty nice, not much to complain about. Plumbing also feels "cheap" when comparing to something like Cade. Luckily totally upgradable.

I would assume waterbox has similar quality as their price point is not much different. However I have heard it mentioned that the waterbox stands are built much better.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After having researched different aquariums, my two finalists were the Red Sea Reefer 250 or the Innovative Marine INT 75. One of the LFS told me not to buy IM products and that he used to sell them but had many problems with back panels, front panels or side panels falling off. He now sells Red Sea. I wonder just how common it is for dealers to put down competitors products? I did end up going with the Red Sea, but mostly because no one locally stocked the IM, and shipping would have been another $400.00

IM did have issues a while back but I have not heard of any in a while.

Personally I would never buy another RedSea..

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

I am currently looking for a new AIO system. I originally wanted a RedSea tank! I went to my LFS who is an authorized dealer for RedSea showed mea large one they had on display. He told me that they are def the cleanest way to go and are gorgeous tanks. He pointed out a few issues he has with the one in the store and how it has minor leaks on by the rim and salt creep through the edges. I myself did my fair share of research and I ran into several threads about their tanks leaking through seams and silicone not holding well. Several threads on the stands not being able to hold weight and eventually getting crushed. I then ran into Waterbox which my girlfriend is obsessed with. They remind me of RedSea tanks although I haven’t found nearly as many complaints as RedSea. So I decided to visit another LFS that was an authorized dealer for Waterbox. They basically told me that both RedSea and Waterbox is overpriced garbage made in China. I was told that the stands would not support the weight of the tank for long and would fall apart after a few years which is why they don’t offer lifetime warranties on any of their products. I was told Waterbox has only been in business for 2 years and RedSea for 30 years but have only started to make decent tanks for the last 7 years. They suggested I order a custom built tank and stand with a lifetime warranty through one of their wholesalers. I felt like they were very anti Waterbox and RedSea at the same time they had some
Valid points. I can’t really speak from First hand experience on the quality and longevity of Waterbox or RedSea. I can only speculate based off of what I read online. I wanted to hear everyone’s input who actually longtime owners of these products and whether or not custom built is as superior as my LFS claims. Thanks for all
The replies in advance!
An AUTHORIZED dealer who trashes the vendors they represent is a dealer to avoid. They have an agenda and it is not in your best interest. Waterbox and Red Sea should cancel their relationship if they find out the dealers name. In my case, I purchased the Waterbox based on research and forum feed back. I could not be happier. Customer service is top notch, quality is #1. If they have a configuration that meets you needs, go for it. In some cases you do get what you pay for.

jpbeen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

I am currently looking for a new AIO system. I originally wanted a RedSea tank! I went to my LFS who is an authorized dealer for RedSea showed mea large one they had on display. He told me that they are def the cleanest way to go and are gorgeous tanks. He pointed out a few issues he has with the one in the store and how it has minor leaks on by the rim and salt creep through the edges. I myself did my fair share of research and I ran into several threads about their tanks leaking through seams and silicone not holding well. Several threads on the stands not being able to hold weight and eventually getting crushed. I then ran into Waterbox which my girlfriend is obsessed with. They remind me of RedSea tanks although I haven’t found nearly as many complaints as RedSea. So I decided to visit another LFS that was an authorized dealer for Waterbox. They basically told me that both RedSea and Waterbox is overpriced garbage made in China. I was told that the stands would not support the weight of the tank for long and would fall apart after a few years which is why they don’t offer lifetime warranties on any of their products. I was told Waterbox has only been in business for 2 years and RedSea for 30 years but have only started to make decent tanks for the last 7 years. They suggested I order a custom built tank and stand with a lifetime warranty through one of their wholesalers. I felt like they were very anti Waterbox and RedSea at the same time they had some
Valid points. I can’t really speak from First hand experience on the quality and longevity of Waterbox or RedSea. I can only speculate based off of what I read online. I wanted to hear everyone’s input who actually longtime owners of these products and whether or not custom built is as superior as my LFS claims. Thanks for all
The replies in advance!
I own a RedSea 525XL and love it. The plumbing is so easy and adjustable on the return flow to eliminate noise. The tank it self is beautiful and they make a great DIY cover.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An AUTHORIZED dealer who trashes the vendors they represent is a dealer to avoid. They have an agenda and it is not in your best interest. Waterbox and Red Sea should cancel their relationship if they find out the dealers name. In my case, I purchased the Waterbox based on research and forum feed back. I could not be happier. Customer service is top notch, quality is #1. If they have a configuration that meets you needs, go for it. In some cases you do get what you pay for.

Not defending any retailer nor knocking your statement.
I am curious as to why you feel this way. What agenda are you getting at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back