LFS Map

highendofthelow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

Luke and I have been trying to create a google map of local (ish) Marine fish shops to try out as well as our normal haunts.

We are based in the midlands but often travel to Manchester etc.

Has anyone any suggestions on places that we may want to visit? Maybe your regular LFS that doesnt get the credit it deserves? Of particular interest to us is good SPS!

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

Liz

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three I use in East Midlands.

The Wharf at Pinxton is excellent.
Very helpful with good advice.

Blue Lagoon at Tansley very good with some reasonable prices.

Maidenhead Aquatics at Findern also good stock but a little dearer.

ReefDemon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I lived down south I used to go to Reefkeeper Windsor, It is a brilliant store with excellent staff. They know their stuff and are happy to help at all times. Their fish, coral and dry good stocks are some of the best I've seen and if they dont have what you're after in stock, they are more than happy to order it in for you. Their display tanks are beautiful.

I've recently moved up north to Newcastle and am still on the hunt for for a LFS that really stands out. So far the one I would frequent because of its coral and fish stocks is Exotic World in Blaydon. It also sells reptiles not just marine aquatics so is a bonus for me as I also have a snake. The owner is very friendly and happy to help.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back