LFS Review Charleston SC - Aquaman’s Coral Cave

MonsterMush

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquaman’s Coral Cave is a must visit if you are in the Charleston, SC area. The prices are very reasonable, and I have received some of the best customer service from David (owner) that I have ever received from any business. He really cares about his livestock and the customer. Check it out!

seachel71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really disappointed at my visit last week. Very little stock. Nothing I even wanted less than $100. Wish they would have had some nice frags. I like to support small buisness when I can. Maybe next time.

OP
OP
MonsterMush

MonsterMush

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really disappointed at my visit last week. Very little stock. Nothing I even wanted less than $100. Wish they would have had some nice frags. I like to support small buisness when I can. Maybe next time.
Inventory changes and may have been limited due to shipping issues or other circumstances. I do not have any connections to this business, but I have always had a positive experience. David is very accommodating and will do special orders, and it may be a good idea to call ahead and check on inventory if traveling a distance. It is well worth giving it a shot. It is great that you like to support small businesses: they need our support!

Take care and happy reefing!

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find the address
It's over on 17A. 2833 S Live Oak Dr Suite - A, Moncks Corner, SC 29461. It's easy to miss if you're not paying attention. But I really like the place. The owner is super friendly and I like his selection and prices. Not sure about the complaint about prices, because he has a $10-$40 frag rack.... But I would absolutely recommend the place

serecheneric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to Aquamans almost every single Friday to just kinda browse since he receives most of his livestock on Friday's, also to just talk to David. He is very knowledgeable and has the best customer service.
When I first moved to the area I went to every shop to see where I liked the most due to friendliness, condition of the shop, variety, only place that didnt have at least 1 dead fish in any tank, stocking, pricing, etc. He was the last one on the list to visit of LFS but so glad I did.
I will say he doesn't always have the biggest selection of frags at once but he does mix up what he brings in week to week, but like stated above is able and more than willing to order whatever you're looking for.
I will absolutely not go anywhere else for fish no exceptions. Not only is his pricing so much better than everyone else in the surrounding area (even though that shouldn't really be the determining factor when buying living animals) but the real reason for me is that after keeping fish for 23 years (11 years fresh, 12 years salt) I have never had a 100% Succession rate of survival until I started buying from him. If I don't see what I'm looking for (because I almost always stick to my stocking plan and have done prior research on what I'm looking for) without hesitation he will order it for me and if it's something harder to find he won't just give up or try to sell me something similar, he will do everything in his power to find it.
His shop reminds me of how it was for me when I first started reefing and David himself is a hobbyists at heart which speaks volumes compared to others in it for the money.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back