LFS water parameters

Bensonthefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got some corals from LFS. They look happy and healthy and LFS said he only uses Natural sea water. I was curious what will be his water parameters so I did my hanna test and got the following. Salinity 1.026. Calcium 509, phosphate .06, alk 5.0 (tested twice). Am I doing something wrong with my alk at 8.4? Seems like his corals are doing good?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got some corals from LFS. They look happy and healthy and LFS said he only uses Natural sea water. I was curious what will be his water parameters so I did my hanna test and got the following. Salinity 1.026. Calcium 509, phosphate .06, alk 5.0 (tested twice). Am I doing something wrong with my alk at 8.4? Seems like his corals are doing good?
What is nitrates? It seems that most lfs keep nutrients very low to help keep algae down. And when you run system with very low nutrients then you can run alk very low aswell. Many customers have problem with this because they buy corals from lfs with low or no nutrients and low alk then put them in there tank with high nutrients and higher alk and corals don’t do so well and end up needing lots of time to adjust most likely getting worse before ever getting better

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back