LFS with marine fish in Northeast Mississippi?

Jason Truong

Tiger King
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a couple of stores in Tupelo, Petco and Going be Fishin’ Exotic Pets. Anyone familiar with either? Any others in NE Mississippi?
They both don't have much stock for saltwater fish or corals. They do have dry goods though. Best bet is traveling east to Memphis or going down to Jackson.

TreyC2010

But baby, the fish need it....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d second Desoto Aquatics as the best in North MS/Memphis area. Second is Main Drain. Memfish used to be top dog, but new ownership has brought it down significantly.

OP
OP
RickLRMS

RickLRMS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also sell a bit of corals too. I'm from Tupelo, but live in Oxford!
I live in Pontotoc, so when I get to the coral buying point I’ll check and see what you have. I hope to get my RO/DI unit installed this week and then set up a quarantine tank, and the replacement sump (had an issue) for my 525 is due in tomorrow. I’m probably a couple months or more from coral. This will be my first saltwater tank and first tank in some twenty years.

Jason Truong

Tiger King
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Pontotoc, so when I get to the coral buying point I’ll check and see what you have. I hope to get my RO/DI unit installed this week and then set up a quarantine tank, and the replacement sump (had an issue) for my 525 is due in tomorrow. I’m probably a couple months or more from coral. This will be my first saltwater tank and first tank in some twenty years.
You have a 525??

Justin Swinney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the Tupelo area myself. Gone fishin has some fish. I look every once in a while. They always have clowns other varieties are hit or miss. Petco has very common fish usually

Last edited:

ScottReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg here in Jackson at Jackson Saltwater is awesome. Always a nice selection of corals and you get a lot for your money if you catch some his in house frag pieces. Prices on dry food are all in line with online pricing.

OP
OP
RickLRMS

RickLRMS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg here in Jackson at Jackson Saltwater is awesome. Always a nice selection of corals and you get a lot for your money if you catch some his in house frag pieces. Prices on dry food are all in line with online pricing.
I'll check it out the next time I'm down that way. When we (wife and I) go to the "big city" it's normally the Memphis area where my wife likes to shop, but we occasionally are in the Jackson area for one thing or the other. Thanks for the info.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back