Life after ick/marine velvet

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly new to this hobby and lost all my fish because I didn't do my research before hand. That being said I have learned my lesson and getting ready to think about what fish to get for my Red Sea 250. The only fish that did survive is a transparent goby that has been treated and doing well. My 76 days are up the second weekend in October. So if I start slowly what would all of you suggest getting as a good colorful group of fish? And yes, I will be quarantining every new addition for 5-6 weeks.

jeff williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the look of angels too, a little gun shy because one of the fish was a flame angel and I think he died because of the copper treatment.
When you qt your new fish if you have cu sensetive fish like Angels they say chelated cu is a better choice than cupramine but I've used cupramine on a coral beauty what I do is bring the cu levels up over 5-7 days instead of 72 hrs it's a lot easier on the fish.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are quite a few wrasses that'd work - some of the smaller fairies and most of the flashers included. Lots of goby options, royal grammas, midas and other blennies . . .

Using copper with sensitive fishes like angels and wrasses, chelated seems to work better than ionic, and bringing copper levels up slowly helps a _lot_. Plenty of folks have used copper with flame angels - including myself.

~Bruce

OP
OP
Jennie

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are quite a few wrasses that'd work - some of the smaller fairies and most of the flashers included. Lots of goby options, royal grammas, midas and other blennies . . .

Using copper with sensitive fishes like angels and wrasses, chelated seems to work better than ionic, and bringing copper levels up slowly helps a _lot_. Plenty of folks have used copper with flame angels - including myself.

~Bruce
What about mandarin goby? I have an abundance of pods all over my tank and in my sump, I would also seed when seeded.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a trio of anthias? I think that is going to be my next addition.

6E281337-9B47-408B-969F-B12E509C1310.jpeg

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't assume your free and clear after your 76 "days" buy local if you can and good luck after quarantine when you put them in.

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas blenny is very colorful and has a lot of personality. Designer clownfish would be pretty, entertaining and hardy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back