Life saving Lab

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share a great thing that just happened. I have 3 panes of glass on my tank to keep my fish from jumping out. I slid one open about 6 inches to clean the front glass with my magnet. I went to the kitchen to check on my frozen pizza that was cooking, was in there for a few minutes or so, I hear my dogs growling and barking like they usually do when they are playing. A minute later my 5 year old lab walks in, figuring she's waiting for a bite to eat and notice something in her mouth, she proceeds to drop my Hippo tang on the floor! Figured she bit into it but no punctures and the fish flops once. I pick it up and run it back to my bedroom and put it in the sump fearing the worst, it's alive but not really swimming, so I grab it and hold it in front of the stream of water that flows out the skimmer for a couple minutes and can start to feel it trying to swim out of my hand. So I let it go and let it swim around in the compartment, leave it in there for 5 minutes and grab it and throw it back in the display, I look at it closely and not one battle wound, throw some food in the tank and it's eating like nothing happened. I learned two lessons, one never again leave the top cracked open if I'm not in the room and two Hali( short for halibut ) the fish saver is one smart dog:)

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share a great thing that just happened. I have 3 panes of glass on my tank to keep my fish from jumping out. I slid one open about 6 inches to clean the front glass with my magnet. I went to the kitchen to check on my frozen pizza that was cooking, was in there for a few minutes or so, I hear my dogs growling and barking like they usually do when they are playing. A minute later my 5 year old lab walks in, figuring she's waiting for a bite to eat and notice something in her mouth, she proceeds to drop my Hippo tang on the floor! Figured she bit into it but no punctures and the fish flops once. I pick it up and run it back to my bedroom and put it in the sump fearing the worst, it's alive but not really swimming, so I grab it and hold it in front of the stream of water that flows out the skimmer for a couple minutes and can start to feel it trying to swim out of my hand. So I let it go and let it swim around in the compartment, leave it in there for 5 minutes and grab it and throw it back in the display, I look at it closely and not one battle wound, throw some food in the tank and it's eating like nothing happened. I learned two lessons, one never again leave the top cracked open if I'm not in the room and two Hali( short for halibut ) the fish saver is one smart dog:)

That's an incredible story!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back