OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Printing a different lid insert for a 32oz mason jar and moving the ato I had from the big tank over to this guy today. I was using an optical sensor one so I don't think it'll be too big, should be able to pop it right into the back.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Have you been able to figure out about how much evaporation you have per day?
Not 100% sure, some days it looks minimal, other days I feel like it's a ton. This should help me sort it out better though since it's has measuring lines. I've just been filling a small plastic cup and pouring at random

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s so weird how some days are different than others, but most of the time it’s 3/4 cup per day in mine. The top of my heater is my imaginary line.
I don't have a heater to use for that lol-- FL, the light, the stronger pump, and the cabinet it's in keep it at 77-78 without one.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! What are you using for a media basket? Did you make one?
poured the balls they sent with in the initial chamber because why not, then had octoaquatics make me one that's slid in place next to that with aquachar, chemipure elite nano, and a coarse sponge to close it up and keep things from floating out. usually have a bit of filter foam behind the slats there but i forgot to replace it!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice! I used to have a lid from octoaquatics on my Nuvo 40 a while back. Loved the quality of it. Not the price! Haha :)
I know, my new big tank came with a screen lid and I really want to have him make me one but I'm afraid of what the price tag will be.

You're the one with the lifegard lid from kraken right? Pretty sure I'm going to order one for this tank from him.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, my new big tank came with a screen lid and I really want to have him make me one but I'm afraid of what the price tag will be.

You're the one with the lifegard lid from kraken right? Pretty sure I'm going to order one for this tank from him.
I think I paid $180 from octo for the Nuvo 40.

Yea, that’s me haha. Kraken reef has my tank pic on their site as an example of the 4.1 lid. Someone told me about it, I had no idea haha. I got a really good deal on it and they were super quick to ship it out to me. I think 2 weeks? I’m impressed with the quality of it. I have the feeder lid, but opted out from the feeder cup because I just felt that the tank was too small to add it. They definitely look cool though with the UV reactive colors they have. I’ll be setting up an IM 30L soon and will probably see if they can make me a lid for it. Great quality and more reasonable price vs. octo or clear view lids.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I paid $180 from octo for the Nuvo 40.

Yea, that’s me haha. Kraken reef has my tank pic on their site as an example of the 4.1 lid. Someone told me about it, I had no idea haha. I got a really good deal on it and they were super quick to ship it out to me. I think 2 weeks? I’m impressed with the quality of it. I have the feeder lid, but opted out from the feeder cup because I just felt that the tank was too small to add it. They definitely look cool though with the UV reactive colors they have. I’ll be setting up an IM 30L soon and will probably see if they can make me a lid for it. Great quality and more reasonable price vs. octo or clear view lids.
Yeah I was thinking the feeder cup might be overkill size-wise.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might need to order one soon but my snails have been good and staying inside the water right now.
You’ll definitely need one! I came home a few times from work before I had it and found my snails on the hardwood. I even witnessed the sound it makes when they do it at 2am. It sounded like an egg crack. Luckily, they survived. I think they liked the “free fall” part haha. :p

Back