OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already shipped, will be here Thursday. Hopefully it's a decent time frame delivery so I can move to that as soon as I'm done with unboxing the new corals for the big tank. Lid supplies won't be here until next week though.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transit original estimate changed, Fedex went from today delivery to Monday delivery - but that works out better for me actually.

Got some finer grade black sand locally today for the new setup. Have an upgraded pump coming for it Saturday because I hear the standard leaves a bit to be desired. I also have the lid kit coming Tuesday. I'll probably do the transfer Tuesday evening after work, worst case - Wednesday afternoon before work.

Not going to add any new rock to the tank or anything, just space out the rock and Buddha a little bit, camo some plugs with rubble, and maybe add a new mini maxi lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sand isn't really gonna give you any more stability in a Pico, just more potential issues. no?
I decided on adding sand later purely for aesthetic reasons, I haven't had any issues with it

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone angry. But here we go.

PXL_20210404_160407747.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. I not a big fan of the black sand but it looks good.
I went back and forth originally about black vs white sand and decided I just want something different in this tank vs the bigger tank, thus black was chosen. I actually ran bare bottom for awhile but meh, I prefer sand visually.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like everything is has settled in

Great pic. All the colors pop and against the black. I only hope mine looks that good

How are they growth wise?
Mine came in a decent size to begin with but I do feel like she's grown since then. I'll have to dig for old photos. She's unburied herself BUT I don't think she's fully fluffed back out to normal yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sprawled back out to normal

PXL_20210407_144928334.jpg

PXL_20210407_144910084.jpg

I have a couple sticks that aren't stoked about the powerhead location in this tank (too close to them) so I'm going to play with that a little bit tomorrow, possibly move them. I also have an upgraded pump I bought that I'm trying to decide if I need to use or not. Lid kit comes today so I can set that up tonight or tomorrow.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sprawled back out to normal

PXL_20210407_144928334.jpg

PXL_20210407_144910084.jpg

I have a couple sticks that aren't stoked about the powerhead location in this tank (too close to them) so I'm going to play with that a little bit tomorrow, possibly move them. I also have an upgraded pump I bought that I'm trying to decide if I need to use or not. Lid kit comes today so I can set that up tonight or tomorrow.
Shes gorgous

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not put together the lid today. I did pick out my new mini maxi, but I haven't officially ordered yet. Kind of in a limbo waiting to see what happens with the big tank because if it doesn't show tomorrow my days off next week will be changing to handle it then. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is the big tank transfer, so I need to do a water change tonight after work and put together the cheapo lid I bought so I can decide if I want to go ahead and order a kraken lid. 2 new things for this tank coming tomorrow from my weekend live sale escapades. Also, my clingfish is getting more brave which makes me happy.

mini.png uc red tarantula palys 59 38.jpg

Back