OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the sand and how it brings out the colors. What are those zoas right side Buddha head level
I have no idea what any of my zoas names are to be honest. I'm sure I could look up sales history & compare but I think that one I actually pulled from the main tank so who knows

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi ,tank looks great !! :cool: ,if you can scrape them off entirely ,do it,if not best is snap tube and super glue..
Yeah I thought I had them scraped off entirely before I put them in and they regrew. So I will probably scrape them like I did before and just coat it in glue

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tackled the verms this afternoon. It's time to pull the emerald to the CADE so my marine betta can eat him - he's knocked out all the bubble algae and is starting to be a problem.
Fresh Prince Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the tubbs monti out of this tank and moved it to the big tank, I noticed that huge portions if it were starting to bleach where facing the light :( the CADE lights are less brutal so hopefully it bounces back and does well over there. The other monti in here is perfectly fine so not sure why this one is moody.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lid!
PXL_20210509_185600673.jpg

Tanks doing well, most everything colored back up from the transfer. The frag I got in the fish trade is still brown but polyps are out regularly, and covered in vermitids that the BB is barely interested in. Trying to think of another solution to knock them out. Super glue?

Anyway, here's a front on fts

PXL_20210509_185612509.jpg
Is this an Octo lid or one made for your tank?
Looks clean def going to need one with feeder door!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this an Octo lid or one made for your tank?
Looks clean def going to need one with feeder door!
This one is from @Kraken Reef - not sure if they do larger tanks. Went with them because they have a lot of lid dimensions and such saved for the tanks like this and I didn't have to measure anything whatsoever on my own. Minimal effort on my part. Glad I did because it looks fantastic.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked about this a little on the CADE thread. Getting something to test par in both tanks and plan to move most of the acros over to the big tank. Growth seems to have stagnated on them over in this one and I suspect it's a need to increase lighting, but that means an increase in temp which I don't want.

Not 100% on what I'm going to do here instead. Keeping the zoas and minis and shrooms here so far. Probably just expand on all of that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seneye & mini PC stick come next week so I can get rolling with this. I suspect I'm going to need to slowly increase par some in the cade to move the acros over there.

I'll drop it some over here as well to help drop the temp back down a bit.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seneye & mini PC stick come next week so I can get rolling with this. I suspect I'm going to need to slowly increase par some in the cade to move the acros over there.

I'll drop it some over here as well to help drop the temp back down a bit.
I'm super Jelly right now. So much potential in that Pico. What are your water params now? Your going to love the seneye. TBH you don't need alot of par. Most shrooms are perfectly good around 50-75. They will tolerate and acclimate to higher par but not necessarily needed.
Nothing in my garden is sitting higher than 150 right now and thats only a select few. Mostly some older shrooms ive had for yr and half that are big enough to handle it, a St Thomas and Godzilla Yuma. If you can get bottom close to lower Numbers you can set the more light hungry shrooms up on rock.
Id put a Godzilla yuma on Buddhas head and let him colonize it haha.
Contrary to the belief and fear that shrooms will just outgrow a pico and take over. There's a ton of show piece shrooms that will just grow, not drop babies and are super non evasive.
I know what I'd do with that Pico lol.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm super Jelly right now. So much potential in that Pico. What are your water params now? Your going to love the seneye. TBH you don't need alot of par. Most shrooms are perfectly good around 50-75. They will tolerate and acclimate to higher par but not necessarily needed.
Nothing in my garden is sitting higher than 150 right now and thats only a select few. Mostly some older shrooms ive had for yr and half that are big enough to handle it, a St Thomas and Godzilla Yuma. If you can get bottom close to lower Numbers you can set the more light hungry shrooms up on rock.
Contrary to the belief and fear that shrooms will just outgrow a pico and take over. There's a ton of show piece shrooms that will just grow, not drop babies and are super non evasive.
I know this is going to sound horrible, but I have never once tested anything in this tank.

I actually went ahead and pulled some of the acros that I could easily move today so that I could get that vermitid handled. There are two that are in there so well I can't move them. And the WD seems so happy on that little single frag rack that I don't want to move him yet.

I'm not going to mess with either light until I can see values in each tank though.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Godzilla Yuma is 100% on the list

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Godzilla Yuma is 100% on the list
Do it you wont be dissapointed:D Super hardy crazy looking shroom that I can't seem to do anything bad with. I said on top of buddhas head because it does love lamp! Will do fine anywhere ive had it though. Make sure you get Banditone lineage they have been around more often lately.
Here's mine. Cant get good pix now that I have top rolling but @MERKEY has some good ones.
20210603_153314.jpg

Banditone Mom
1507799-cee770c6584c49eee5b6ccb8302a643a.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they get them in frequently, or was it a unique one-off do you think? What’s care like for the little cutie?
I see them listed on there pretty frequently. Super easy, just make sure food is smaller size for them.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it you wont be dissapointed:D Super hardy crazy looking shroom that I can't seem to do anything bad with. I said on top of buddhas head because it does love lamp! Will do fine anywhere ive had it though. Make sure you get Banditone lineage they have been around more often lately.
Here's mine. Cant get good pix now that I have top rolling but @MERKEY has some good ones.
20210603_153314.jpg

Banditone Mom
1507799-cee770c6584c49eee5b6ccb8302a643a.jpg
@MERKEY @LRT any recommendations on where to find once I hit that point? Or do either of you sell/ship?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back