danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just love, LOVE, this tank.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC
TY TY I'm pretty partial to it myself. Really like how it's taken off since I rarely put my fingers in the water and the awc started doing the heavy lifting for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all the shrooms and the mini maxi you have a fts. It's my favorite nano.
PXL_20220730_182734876.jpg

Just fed so there's lots of stuff floating around

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really taken off. Any fish?
Nope, not any more. Tons of pods though. Had some quality instability before I set up the awc and lost one fish and moved the other to the big tank before losing it as well. Haven't put anyone new in there since then.

1 hermit, 1 snail.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you feed?
A tiny bit of whatever goes into the big tank but only once every couple weeks into this one. Today was a mix of oyster feast and barrier reef labs micro pearl coral food. I think the lps variety

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo quality test with the new phone. Not sure if I was shakey handed before or it's because the big tank is being a brat or if the photos aren't uploading well onto the site. Uploading a few quick ones I just took so I can compare on my desktop.

Today's photos:
PXL_20220803_144213616.jpg PXL_20220803_144204461.jpg PXL_20220803_144153099.jpg PXL_20220803_144145393.jpg PXL_20220803_144139494.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested some of this tank for the first time in, possibly ever.... Covid boredom :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Alkalinity 7.3
Calcium 400

The 4 gallon has surprisingly lower levels. But it gets auto water change normally every day. Recently with us being on vacation I cut it to every 3 days and I haven't bumped it back up because I'm not allowed to go to out to get more water. No, I don't make the water for this tank like I do the bigger tank. I buy a jug of nutri-seawater from work and it fits perfectly into a little spot for me. Not the greatest, but nothing too demanding in here and as you've all seen, it looks good anyway.

Ordered an rfg nozzle for this tank, it'll be here Monday, I think. Looking at some more minor upgrades for it (thinking back by the media area).

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested some of this tank for the first time in, possibly ever.... Covid boredom :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Alkalinity 7.3
Calcium 400

The 4 gallon has surprisingly lower levels. But it gets auto water change normally every day. Recently with us being on vacation I cut it to every 3 days and I haven't bumped it back up because I'm not allowed to go to out to get more water. No, I don't make the water for this tank like I do the bigger tank. I buy a jug of nutri-seawater from work and it fits perfectly into a little spot for me. Not the greatest, but nothing too demanding in here and as you've all seen, it looks good anyway.

Ordered an rfg nozzle for this tank, it'll be here Monday, I think. Looking at some more minor upgrades for it (thinking back by the media area).
How close to the ocean are you? Could you use natural seawater

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to do some revamp work in the back of the tank...

1. Next cleaning I will clean the pump, already upgraded from the stock lifegard tank.
2. Monday a rfg should arrive for me to swap out.
3. Have a new media basket coming instead of the stock chamber in the back. Will pull out the nasty sponge that's probably been in there since the start (oops) and add some soaked biomedia, replace my chemipure nano baggie (been too long), and attempt recharging my aquachar with pns probio instead of replacing it. With the new basket I *should* be able to remove the extra coffin that's in the back of the tank.
4. Going to try and rework the tubing for all the water change/ato stuff (still not happy with how any of that looks).

I'd really like to do a sand wash and/or replacement but it's gonna have to happen with the move anyway soooooo why bother.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back