OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is still settling from the w/c. Did a *big* wc today because of the delays with getting the awc set back up, and because I pulled the aquachar coffin and some old stock sponging out and figured that was going to kick up a mess. Got a new media basket from in-tank and moved the aquachar into that, as well as a new packet of chemipure. Discovered that someone/thing tore the last one open so that was fun.

AWC is set back up and ready to run 1x a day again. Right now I'm running them out of random water jugs I bought on amazon :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I think when we move and build the cabinet for this set up, I'll either try to figure out how to build my own containers, or spend the money on ato reservoirs to repurpose for this task. Something nicer and less sloppy.

Anyway, photo of the duo (I even cleaned the outside glass/acrylic on each one!)

PXL_20220828_144244805.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Barnacle blenny.
Pods are getting out of control. I did a large WC myself in addition to the snap awc that happen, and I think I cleared out about half with that. It was at the point they were covering the walls in day.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pods are getting out of control. I did a large WC myself in addition to the snap awc that happen, and I think I cleared out about half with that. It was at the point they were covering the walls in day.
All of the small blennys eat amphipods and copepods. You could even look at KPs site and go with a blenny native to Florida.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the small blennys eat amphipods and copepods. You could even look at KPs site and go with a blenny native to Florida.
They appear to be out of all blennys :(

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a Floridian, I'm embarrassed to say this is the first fl ric in the tank
PXL_20220910_124154105.jpg
As an idahoan, I'm embarrassed to say this was the first type of mushroom in my own tank, lol. I put Florida in my tank first!!! Muahahaha

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's still kicking btw

PXL_20221012_204658769.jpg

Buddha started a bit of really crispy algae hair, I spent yesterday picking that off (it was super easy to pull out whatever it was). He also had some vermitid boogers, I did my best to remove them as well.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back