OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump is acting up, flow seems a lot slower than usual. Probably going to take that apart and clean it today. Pods seem to have reinfested again.
PXL_20221120_134020148.jpg

This guy is spreading like crazy.

PXL_20221120_134104092.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221120_134020148.jpg
    PXL_20221120_134020148.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump issues here too. Got the big system up and going, and the big pump controller is locked out at 24 watts. Won't move up or pause. Did a quick Google sleuth and found a lot of the dcp 18000 controller failures that stick it at 24w
Crazy, you still in warranty or anything?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should be. It's a month over a year old but I can't find the actual warranty coverage.
Call or email them. I dropped one of my controllers in the sump and they gave me a huge discount for being honest and was like 30 bucks shipped. If under warranty, they should send you a new one with no issues.

TruRacr314x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@danieyella I love your tank…and I’m going to start my Lifegard tank back up because of yours! Such an inspiration…

I do have a question though…I bought mine a couple of years ago and I think it’s the same tank as yours, but the measurements don’t seem to match the Lifegard specs. They state the 4.1 as being 12.2”x8.66”x9.06”. Mine is pretty much spot on the 12.2” and the 9.06”….but my depth is less than 8.66”. I would guess it to be closed to 8.25”. I would like to order a Kraken lid, but just want to make sure it will fit my tank. Would you be able to grab some measurements from your tank to share? That would be amazing…

Happy New Year by the way!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@danieyella I love your tank…and I’m going to start my Lifegard tank back up because of yours! Such an inspiration…

I do have a question though…I bought mine a couple of years ago and I think it’s the same tank as yours, but the measurements don’t seem to match the Lifegard specs. They state the 4.1 as being 12.2”x8.66”x9.06”. Mine is pretty much spot on the 12.2” and the 9.06”….but my depth is less than 8.66”. I would guess it to be closed to 8.25”. I would like to order a Kraken lid, but just want to make sure it will fit my tank. Would you be able to grab some measurements from your tank to share? That would be amazing…

Happy New Year, and thank you! I ordered my lid from kraken and didn't even look twice at the dimensions and it fits. But give me a few and I will get back to you....

I would say my depth is closer to 8.25 as well, the kraken lid I have does not cover the back portion of the tank. I'm not sure if they've changed that since I got it?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think they’ve changed it…I just wanted to make sure before I ordered. Just kept getting hung up on why the measurements would be off. I’ll be setting mine up in the next day or so as a fun shrimp/coral tank.
Can't wait to see it!

Kraken Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Shoot us an email if you want to verify to the lids we have on file. Allot of times, aquarium manufactures, do not post accurate measurements of their aquariums. There are a few that are spot on, but some are off by quite a bit.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for the zoas to calm back down from my intrusion this afternoon, but tank is cleaned up fairly well. Refreshed my oxydator and filter pads, did a minor water change. Need to circle back and clean the exterior glass still. Excited to get this little guy in a more central location of my new office after the move.

Photos in a few

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back