Light for 15 gallon cube tank with bubble anemone?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap option would probably be a chinese black box like marsaqua or viparspectra. From there prices go way up. What budget are you looking at?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those that I listed are the only that come close. Anything cheaper won't be good for a nem

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bout as cheap at it gets for the light needs of an anemone. Run it at 20% white and 60% blue

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So This one for a 15 gallon?
I wouldn't. I bought cheap "Nicrew" LED lights off of Amazon (about eighty bucks Canadian, though they were cheaper two months ago) for my Nuvo 40g cube, and my BTA and all corals seemed to be happy with the output. Last week I finally installed my dual AI Prime (one HD) upgrade, and the BTA shrivelled up and disappeared. I had to put the lights on acclimation mode and reduce output throughout the spectrum to 30% before the BTA reappeared. An AI is just way too powerful for a 15g tank in my opinion.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah. If need be just turn them down. Better to have a light that will grow anything than to need a better light.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't. I bought cheap "Nicrew" LED lights off of Amazon (about eighty bucks Canadian, though they were cheaper two months ago) for my Nuvo 40g cube, and my BTA and all corals seemed to be happy with the output. Last week I finally installed my dual AI Prime (one HD) upgrade, and the BTA shrivelled up and disappeared. I had to put the lights on acclimation mode and reduce output throughout the spectrum to 30% before the BTA reappeared. An AI is just way too powerful for a 15g tank in my opinion.
AI Prime is perfect for a nano tank. That would happen with any other led as all the coral would need to be acclimated to new lighting. Which is why they have an acclimation mode on the light

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI Prime is perfect for a nano tank. That would happen with any other led as all the coral would need to be acclimated to new lighting. Which is why they have an acclimation mode on the light
Well, yes. I should have framed it this way: you can get perfectly adequate alternatives without spending the money for AI Primes.

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really? Would the light you posted be good enough for a bubble tip anemone? If so that would be great. Also i will have some soft corals too, would it be ok for those?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back