• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Light mount for peninsula tank

raccioppi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm looking to getting myself a Fiji cube 38 soon, but with it being a peninsula tank, I will need a light mount and possibly new lights too.

Could anyone lead me in the right direction for a custom light mount that would like like an L arm that would be secured to the back side of the peninsula. Unfortunately I will be renting and unable to hang lights from the ceiling. (The ceilings are super high too and I wouldn't even be able to reach with a ladder)

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe several of the LED pendants have the option to use a mount that lets them change their orientation 90 degrees. For example, the Mitras fixture can be put on a mount like this https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/mitras-flex-mount-system-1/ that might let it stick far enough out that it gives the 12" fixture an adequate coverage down the length of your tank. Unfortunately, at 3 feet the Fiji 38 starts to get challenging to get a pendant far enough out if you arn't willing to use legs on each end.

OP
OP
R

raccioppi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am willing to try to anything. I just don't want my to lose what little sump space I have with the built in sump

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back