light recomendations for fowlr

Stroja62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all,

i am running a 75g fowlr and i want to upgrade from my marine land strip lights. i want to order 2 ai hydra 32 or 2 kessil 360 tuna sun. i did however find the fluval marine 3.0 locally. it is the only marine lighting i can get locally.

so my question is would the fluval be enough or should i order one of the others. and will the ai or kessil be too strong?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my question is would the fluval be enough or should i order one of the others. and will the ai or kessil be too strong?

The Fluval 3.0 will be just fine for a FOWLR. Get the 4 foot 59 watt one. That being said, if you want corals eventually, the fixture is only 59 watts of LED, it won't work well.

AI and Kessil won't be too strong, since you can dim them. It's just up to you if you want to spend the extra money and if you may want corals in the future.

OP
OP
Stroja62

Stroja62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Fluval 3.0 will be just fine for a FOWLR. Get the 4 foot 59 watt one. That being said, if you want corals eventually, the fixture is only 59 watts of LED, it won't work well.

AI and Kessil won't be too strong, since you can dim them. It's just up to you if you want to spend the extra money and if you may want corals in the future.

i have gone with 2 ai prime 16 as i will be doing zoanthids

Back