Light recommendation for a pico, that is controllable/adjustable/settable like the AI Prime?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

So I am looking to buy this tank for a pico: https://www.marinedepot.com/lifegar...r-2-65-gallon-crystal-elevated-low-iron-glass

Well not entirely set on it, but I defo want low iron glass and it is hard to find pico products that fits my requirements.

Anyways, I am thinking of getting an AI Prime 16 HD but given its footprint is 7.75" x 7.75", and is like 9.75" tall, I think it is a bit overkill. With that said, I think it can work, but just wondering, is there any other similar adjustable lights that might better suit a pico?

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, what is the goal of said adjustable light? Right off hand I know the A80 from kessil would do well to fit your needs. I myself just use an ABI bulb that is reef spectrum.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, what is the goal of said adjustable light? Right off hand I know the A80 from kessil would do well to fit your needs. I myself just use an ABI bulb that is reef spectrum.
Oh just to grow some soft corals. No fish too, so this tank will be lid-less, yay!

I do want it to be controllable, just because I want to adjust every little bit of light to get the perfect combination of colors I'd want. Also to be able to brighten/darken the tank without needing to move the light itself.

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the prime would be a good fit and still look nice over that tank. The dimensions of the prime are still smaller than the tank you want to use. Just keep settings low and you'll be fine.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the prime would be a good fit and still look nice over that tank. The dimensions of the prime are still smaller than the tank you want to use. Just keep settings low and you'll be fine.
Cool yep, I am pretty much settled on this decision now. Thanks. :D

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back