Light settings for a Reef Breeder on an ADA 36 gallon

meaganderson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a brown algae problem and I’m wondering what you guys have your Reef Breeder lights set at?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a brown algae problem and I’m wondering what you guys have your Reef Breeder lights set at?
I'm running ReefBreeders on both of my tanks. On my new 120g, I'm not running the red or green channels at all. For my application, I'm running 60% on the remaining channels, with white at 9%. Basically it's an AB+ schedule.
Also running a Royal Ice and HO UV LumenBars.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running ReefBreeders on both of my tanks. On my new 120g, I'm not running the red or green channels at all. For my application, I'm running 60% on the remaining channels, with white at 9%. Basically it's an AB+ schedule.
Also running a Royal Ice and HO UV LumenBars.
I forgot to mention that these numbers are based on the sizing of my tank (120g), and getting PAR readings. If your tank size/water quality/surface movement/etc. is different, you will need to adjust the numbers that anyone gives you.
Rent/buy/borrow a PAR meter so you know what you're actually getting.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back