Lighting at frag swaps - Coral Farmers/Sellers what LEDs do you use at swaps that make your frags POP!

Naso180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of us know that our corals aren't going to look as good in our tanks as they do when we see them at the frag swap or expo, but what lights do the sellers use to make them look like that? I have a small tank that I would like to really make pop. I mean as 70's black light poster - frag swap as possible. Trick is it will be used with a Kessil A360X and the tank is 18" deep (light is 26" above the bottom of the tank) so it needs some power. Turning the Kessil to 0 color doesn't get it there. Looking for an 8" to 10" long fixture. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Naso180

Naso180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbrite xho blues
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the smallest size they make is 24" wide and that may be too large for my little Reefer 170. I'm hoping for a puck style or fixture that's 10" or less. Might have to use the RB XHO Blue if I can't find anything else.

Ls7corvete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the smallest size they make is 24" wide and that may be too large for my little Reefer 170. I'm hoping for a puck style or fixture that's 10" or less. Might have to use the RB XHO Blue if I can't find anything else.

Looks pretty affordable too, is that the right one?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.1%
Back