Lighting Change - Settings/Intensity

JReefK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I've had a nuvo 10 set up for about a year with an AI Prime 16hd over it and everything was growing pretty great (zoas, frogspawn, acros, ricordea...), the only real issue I was having was getting more growth and color out of my superman and fruity pebbles monti's. I recently did a tank move into a nuvo 20 peninsula and since the AI spread wasn't covering the tank enough I mounted a Radion xr30 Gen 3 that I had from an old tank. I'm not seeing the same color and polyp extension that I had with the AI, mainly in my acros which were growing like crazy even off of the sand bed, and am trying to figure out what the best setting would be for the new setup.

For reference, my AI was running from 8am-5:30pm (hour ramp up/down) at:

UV - 100
Violet - 100
Blue - 100
Royal Blue - 110
White - 12
Green - 5
Red - 5

I currently have my radion (hanging via RMS mount) set at the following 8am-6pm (hour ramp up/down):

UV - 100
Royal Blue - 100
Blue - 100
White - 12
Red - 5
Green - 5

Intensity is where I think I'm lost, I currently have it at 55% (intensity in my chart points maxes at 31%). Since the tank depth is the same as the 10gal I'm trying to mimic what I had before since it was working quite well. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best settings for the radion for growth and color?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are roughly what I use, although I go blue in the evening from around 7pm if it’s any help, they are the original Red Sea recommended setttings

These were on my S650 which has Hydra 26’s but I’ve sort of copied it in my big tank which has Radion XR30 G4 Pro’s

A6929749-2E37-4D07-9035-75DBA32336FF.jpeg

And Welcome to R2R!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back