Lighting duration for sps at a par of 350

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to adjust my lighting schedule as I believe it’s too much par for too long. Quick overview. 32 gal biocube with a gen5 xr30 blue. I’m running around 60%. It ramps up by 9 am and slowly ramps down by 6pm. Then goes to blues till 930pm

I just did a par check during the ramp down, 6pm and it was still in 300+ range.

i use the AB+ schedule from 9am to 7pm

my question is what would be the max I should run the AB+ schedule? I will still run a low intensity blue before and after.
thanks

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you already added the corals will this be an sps only tank have to know more info cause the placement and where other corals will be will determine the answer just cause your light setup seems fine I have mine from 11:30-10 and I’m mostly sps and euphellia but I also have certain rock structures that keep sps higher in the tank and different flow if you have multiple lights best thing would be set one higher than the other if only one I would plan very heavy where the sod will go

OP
OP
lubeck

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you already added the corals will this be an sps only tank have to know more info cause the placement and where other corals will be will determine the answer just cause your light setup seems fine I have mine from 11:30-10 and I’m mostly sps and euphellia but I also have certain rock structures that keep sps higher in the tank and different flow if you have multiple lights best thing would be set one higher than the other if only one I would plan very heavy where the sod will go
I already have corals. Sps dominate but have some softies too. Ricordia, zoa, torch, hammer.

I need to do a thorough par reading now that my wand came in. I measured at the bottom rock and it was at 400. I suppose because there is no current from the power head or return line.

my top rock is in the 350+ range and then goes to 250 where my return line and mp10 are.

I will map out the par this weekend so I know for sure.

I have only one light. Xr30 blue. i Don’t have the hang of programming it yet but have it running 7-7pm on AB+ and then blues until 9:30pm

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have corals. Sps dominate but have some softies too. Ricordia, zoa, torch, hammer.

I need to do a thorough par reading now that my wand came in. I measured at the bottom rock and it was at 400. I suppose because there is no current from the power head or return line.

my top rock is in the 350+ range and then goes to 250 where my return line and mp10 are.

I will map out the par this weekend so I know for sure.

I have only one light. Xr30 blue. i Don’t have the hang of programming it yet but have it running 7-7pm on AB+ and then blues until 9:30pm
I would run it for 9-10 hours max just cause brs did a study and turns out once it gets over this 10 hour mark the corals just start to recede and i would keep everything that need the most par where that 350 is. Happy reefing!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back