Lighting for a 24” by 19” tank

derekgoude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag tank is a 29 biocube with a hydra 32. I've been told a 16 would have worked as well but I like the par chart better on the 32 for sps. The softies and lps in there are all doing great. I'm happy with the 32.

Brs has a par chart for hydra 32 on a 60g cube at 12" under water with light at 13"

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’ll just get the ai prime for now, and in the future, move it to a clown harem tank and put a hydra 32 on the mixed reed

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience. You'll get some suggestions. Saturday morning might be slow around here.

If you're going with SPS, the Hydra would be better than 1 Prime. You could get 1 Prime, and then add another one later as needed. That would actually have better spread than a Hydra.

Are you set on AI? Are you set on LED?

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a tank that long you can try two primes. Or two radeons. Depends on your budget. You can also do a 4 or 6 bulb t5. I'm using a vipar spectra led on my tank. Is it the best light? Certainly not. But it does look good and grows my sps and its cheap as hell. I removed the lenses from the white diodes and left the blue ones in. But if your budget allows it then buy the best lights you can afford. Two primes or radeons would be ideal and look amazing. Plus all the added functionality

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a tank that long you can try two primes. Or two radeons. Depends on your budget. You can also do a 4 or 6 bulb t5. I'm using a vipar spectra led on my tank. Is it the best light? Certainly not. But it does look good and grows my sps and its cheap as hell. I removed the lenses from the white diodes and left the blue ones in. But if your budget allows it then buy the best lights you can afford. Two primes or radeons would be ideal and look amazing. Plus all the added functionality
You can also do two vipar spectra for the price of one prime or Radeon and be able to grow any coral our there at a depth of 24 inches. It's just they aren't the most aestheticly pleasing lights lol. But if I had my way id go with radeons. To me they are awesome looking and have great functionality

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back