Lighting for a 28 Gallon Bow Front (with center brace)

Saltwaternoob89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! I have read over some of the sticked topics about lighting and still am struggling with something. I have a 24 inch wide by 15 inch (at the apex of the bow) bowfront. Well there is a 2 inch wide plastic support running down the middle. So anything directly above it will block light straight down.

I would like something that I can keep coral with (I particularly like the LPS stuff... torch, hammerhead, bubbles.. but my wife likes SPS stuff so I would like 1 of those at some point), has settings so it can automatically go from dark to light slowly and in between. My footprint is about 15" at the bow and 24" inches across so not a huge footprint. Lighting is important and I can see stuff gets quite pricey, you can spend a lot of money on it but I'm hoping to keep it around $300 total ( with all of my wants and the center bracket issue, is that realistic? It looks like only the lights mentioned below fit all of the boxes). I would prefer a light I can mount with a bracket opposed to hang from the ceiling and has WIFI/app capabilities for adjustment... but worst case scenario because of my predicament I will hang it.

Someone recommended:

NooPsyche K7 PRO III V3 Full Set APP wifi control my question is do you think the lights are far enough apart to negate the 2 inch wide strip of plastic? (also mounting might be tricky as the arm comes down where the brace is). Talking with Noopsyche the lights are 12cm (4.5 inches) apart , or should I go for something more like 2x​

NooPsyche K7 Mini 60W APP wifi control and place one on each side of the strip? The only downfall is they can't be synced together.​

Thank you in advance

20221113_221450.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think either way will work. But I'd probably go with the 2 fixture idea.

Good luck.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back