Lighting product opinion for 60 g cube plz

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light.
So. I see the different lengths available. Do I buy one that longer than my actual measurements? Haha. My questions are simple. I need advice. Lol.
Will this light penetrate to the lower levels evenly in a cube tank? I ask because it's a longer rectangular light fixture. Not like the gooseneck Kessil that I have for example. Don't laugh at this one. I want only gsp!..coverage... on the rock towers or back wall. Hahhahah. For now . Does anyone have one of these lights? Pics/opinions plz I was originally just doing a Fowlr but kids want some gsp on the rocks and not green algae... Or if u any advice... I'm on a budget... I'll have about $150 max to spend. The tank .right now has a really old used kessil . Thank u all!!!!

IMG_20190122_105148.jpeg

Last edited:

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one on a 45 cube, it came with the tank but I eventually swapped it for an sbrerf light. it was ok, it grew corals with lower to mid lighting needs decently, and even some light demanding corals placed up high in the rock work. If you only want gsp then it should be fine. If your tank is 24” then they do make one that will fit without hanging over.

I just checked amazon and for some reason the 24-36 is cheaper then the 18-24:confused: Savings for you lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Current-USA-Marine-Aquarium-24-Inch/dp/B00GFTK7CQ?th=1&psc=1

Last edited:
OP
OP
-XENOMORPH-

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one on a 45 cube, it came with the tank but I eventually swapped it for an sbrerf light. it was ok, it grew corals with lower to mid lighting needs decently, and even some light demanding corals placed up high in the rock work. If you only want gsp then it should be fine. If your tank is 24” then they do make one that will fit without hanging over.

I just checked amazon and for some reason the 24-36 is cheaper then the 18-24:confused: Savings for you lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Current-USA-Marine-Aquarium-24-Inch/dp/B00GFTK7CQ?th=1&psc=1
Hahaha. I saw that as well....thnx!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back