Lighting Recommendation

spfahnestock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be getting a 144 gallon half round tank. I believe the dimensions are, or very close to 5 ft long by about 36 in wide and about 24ish inches deep.

As of now it will be a FOWLER tank so I do not need super great lights but I want to invest in Radions for the tank in case I change my mind later.

What is the suggested set up for this. I was thinking two XR15's. I know this is more than good for FOWLER but want to spend the money once in case i decide to add coral later. So if this was your tank and your were doing a reef tank what set up of radions would you use?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just get a Home Depot t5 shop light, put some reef bulbs in it for good color and call it a day. Use the bulbs until they burn out.

The Radions do not last forever and there are new models, so if you want to get some later down the road, don't waste hours on them over a FOWLR and get the newest models when the time comes.

Besides, depending on what you want to do, a pair of xr15s might not be enough, so wait until you know for sure.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just get a Home Depot t5 shop light, put some reef bulbs in it for good color and call it a day. Use the bulbs until they burn out.

The Radions do not last forever and there are new models, so if you want to get some later down the road, don't waste hours on them over a FOWLR and get the newest models when the time comes.

Besides, depending on what you want to do, a pair of xr15s might not be enough, so wait until you know for sure.
This. Get the Orbit Marine light if you want to have LED but I don’t think it’s worth spending $800+ now when $100 would suffice.

Back