Lighting recommendations for new 145 build, orphek atlantik or reefi uno's

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get the boards opinion on what you believe will be a better lighting setup for my new, fabrication in progress 145 mixed reef (sps across the middle, LPS along the outer edges). My dimensions are 60Lx28Dx20H and Ive been debating between 2 Orphek Atlantiks or 4 reefi unos. Speaking with Daniel at reefi-lab he stated V2 of the unos are soon to be released so Im very curious how those will turn out. And BRS has the Atlantiks for $770 each...Im thinking cost will be close to even with either setup. Also of note I intend flank the led fixtures with T5's, 2 in the front and 2 behind the fixtures, Im a big proponent for hybrid setups. Im looking primarily for spectrum, color, controllability, easy of use...I dont foresee Par being an issue with either setup. Im also open to any other lighting configurations that someone may come up with.

OP
OP
MikeyA

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your response. I have to admit I've never seen either fixture in operation before. Will you tell me why you recommended either fixture? I'm looking up both fixtures to check then out.

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go Unos. I have them and they are great and really bright. Plus a 3 year warranty. They are 80 more watts than a XR15

OP
OP
MikeyA

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'm curious to see what v2 that comes out soon has to offer.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back