Lighting suggestion for Redsea xxl 750

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi good people.

I’ll keep it simple. Going from a 4x2x2 to a rs 750 (pretty much a 6x2x2).

Current lighting: 2 kessil a360x and 48” AL DX18 hybrid

Now comes the question…what do I do for the 750?

I don’t want to spend too much money revamping the entire thing but I want it also to look aesthetically pleasing since it will be in our dining/living room. So far I’ve thought
1. Go 4 xr15 radions
2. Buy bigger AL hybrid(but they don’t make it dimmable) and add 2 more kessils
3. Add 2 more kessils and xho
4. Sell the kessils and add xr15/xho combo
5. Diy a canopy and do whatever I want

Having a hard time deciding so if you have any of these set ups please post pics. Also just to a ke suggestions easier I want a mixed reef tank

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’ll give a shout out for boo-pscych. I bought two of their K7 pros for $209 each, plus you get a bonus if you use an R2R coupon code for like 7% off. They are saying coverage of two feet. I’m comparing them to my AI hydra 64’s.

Basically you can buy 4 for the price of 1
There are only two light pucks vs 3, I run 3 64’s on my s1000 so 4 K7’s could do the job.

I’m not sure how great the park is for either set up when I comes to acros as I’m reading you need 500-600 par. I can get that closer to the surface but not off to the sides.
Been using an apex par meter and finding my 3 64 at 12” over the tank and through a mesh top aren’t as high as I might have thought. But I think the K7’s might be pretty good bang for the buck.

The Noo-Psyche app isn’t the greatest as you have to set intensities for every hour. Not as easy as AI. But once dialed in, or choosing someone else’s that they have uploaded to the app or presets would probably be ok.

I’ve only been running them a short time on a 75 gallon coral QT.

I’m setting up a 4x8 frag tank and putting 8 of these on it. As from what I can tell they will definitely do the job on it.

MelancholyBlenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To keep it the most simple and to be able to use your current a360s I think I would go with 2 more a360s and another hybrid t5 fixture to mount them in.

You're going to need 6 xr15s for that tank to be happy with the par in my opinion.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HankstankXXXL750 I’ll look into it but between a360 and xr15/30. Price is a concern but not thaaaat much of a concern

@MelancholyBlenny ya 6xr15s might look nice but I would think that’s more for a sps dominant tank. Ya I’m thinking 5ft t5s but I honestly like the looks of the rms mount or arms better. Let’s see what kinda Black Friday deals come about

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back