Lighting suggestions

TrevorL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Biocube 29 with a couple Zoas and I have an anemone coming soon. I was wondering if there was any good lighting fixtures that I could put on my tank but also keep the lid on as well. Any suggestions?

klownfizh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the PC bulbs in it now? I ran the PC bulbs for a long time with a lot of LPS and did great. I eventually upgraded to LEDs that i retrofitted myself.

OP
OP
TrevorL

TrevorL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the PC bulbs in it now? I ran the PC bulbs for a long time with a lot of LPS and did great. I eventually upgraded to LEDs that i retrofitted myself.
Yes I have the lights that come with the tank

RDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned already, many have had decent results with the stock power compact bulbs with softies or LPS. The biggest factors with the power compacts are keeping the bulbs changed out and possibly heat issues, but they still can get the job done. I even knew someone who was keeping SPS towards the top of the tank with good results under stock lighting.

The best bet for new lighting, if you are looking to keep the hood intact, would be an LED retrofit. Something like the Steve's LED retrofit listed above seems to be a fan favorite. Otherwise you could get the parts and build your own to put in it if you dont like the turn key approach and want to cusrmtomize it more to your liking, but the Steve's kit does get good feedback.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back