Lighting upgrade

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an ai prime on my waterbox 20 cube. There are lots of shadowing and I am looking to upgrade. I was thinking of getting another ai prime, a radion xr15, or a 16-inch reef breeder. What does everyone think the best option is. Thanks

Gzfrank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has a really in-depth series that highlights the pros and cons of most of the popular lights. Including showing the lights on tanks. After watching myself, Radion looked to be the best overall choice.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The neat thing about getting two lights is that you can move them apart if shadowing is an issue. Easiest thing would be to get another prime.

BRS videos are infomercials and tend to lean pretty heavy towards products that they sell. The can be somewhat helpful and are cool to watch, but most videos are not even close to being unbiased or objective. Take all of them with a grain of salt... In the lighting series, they did not even talk about some of the best panels on the market, since they don't sell them.

OP
OP
Everything Aquatics

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The neat thing about getting two lights is that you can move them apart if shadowing is an issue. Easiest thing would be to get another prime.

BRS videos are infomercials and tend to lean pretty heavy towards products that they sell. The can be somewhat helpful and are cool to watch, but most videos are not even close to being unbiased or objective. Take all of them with a grain of salt... In the lighting series, they did not even talk about some of the best panels on the market, since they don't sell them.
yea a prime would be very easy

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1 to just adding another Prime, but that will be a ton of light for that dimension & depth. You are going to have a fairly fierce PAR value at the center overlap so adjust accordingly.

Gzfrank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are fair and valid points. If you can watch subjectively, there’s a lot of useful data that you can’t find elsewhere.

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added an Aquatic Life T5 fixture to my two Kessil a360x lights and couldn't be happier. Really knocked back the shadowing and brightened things up. They come in 4 different sizes so getting one to go with a single LED is no prob.

OP
OP
Everything Aquatics

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added an Aquatic Life T5 fixture to my two Kessil a360x lights and couldn't be happier. Really knocked back the shadowing and brightened things up. They come in 4 different sizes so getting one to go with a single LED is no prob.
I wish I could do that but the smallest fixture is 24 inchs

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20G WB Cube with a AI Prime and I don't have any issues of shadowing. Do you have an image on your tank? Could possibly be the way the rocks are scaped

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back