Lightning settings for G5 XR15 Blue

Anthygod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello :) I got an aqua medic Armatus XD 300 with 75cm x 65cm x 55cm

I got a XR15 Blue and want to make it a LPS tank .
i saw the BRS video where they read par at a mounting height from 8“ in the center 278 to the sides - 201 .
so for lps this should be good or ?
now the diffuser is out and would it spread par a bit so that I get a bit more to the sides ?
So at what intensity i should run my lights for lps and this size of tank ? 100% ? And how long can I light the tank?
and my last question is about the moonlight - so i read some guys run them all night till the „normal“ lights are on again and some run them just some hours. So could I when the „normal“ light schedule ends run moonlight all night ? And at what intensity would be the moonlight good ?
has anyone got pictures of the moonlight in a tank from the XR 15 blue ?
Thank you very much and I hope you can help me :)

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use the BRS settings as a rough guideline and rent or buy a par meter to fine tune it however LPS prefer PAR 75-150 so 278-201 is far too much for them generally, as for moonlight I don't know enough to reccomend what to do.

As for photoperiod length it depends on the par levels you aim for, lower levels you can keep lights on longer usually.

OP
OP
Anthygod

Anthygod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use the BRS settings as a rough guideline and rent or buy a par meter to fine tune it however LPS prefer PAR 75-150 so 278-201 is far too much for them generally, as for moonlight I don't know enough to reccomend what to do.

As for photoperiod length it depends on the par levels you aim for, lower levels you can keep lights on longer usually.
Ok Great ! Thank you very much ! Yeah a par meter would be great but there’s not really a way to rent one in my place and they are quite expensive

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back