Lights for my 55 gallon reef

Discussion in 'Reef LED Lights' started by edc_aquarium, Dec 20, 2017.

1. edc_aquarium

edc_aquarium Active Member

I’m trying to find the cheapest lights for my 55 gallon reef tank can you guys help me find them

Tags:

2. skiergd011013

skiergd011013 Well-Known Member

leds, or anything? I would put a 4 bulb t5 fixture over a 55.

3. edc_aquarium

edc_aquarium Active Member

Where can I find that ?

4. skiergd011013

I got mine on amazon. I got a wavepoint fixture. If you want to spend a bit more, you could get an ATI sunpower fixture from bulkreef supply. assuming your 55 is the standard 48" length, a 48" 4 bulb fixture would take care of your needs. If you go t5's, i can help you pick out bulbs as well. Most people get rid of the bulbs that come with the fixtures and get better ones.

saltyfilmfolks likes this.
  5. skiergd011013

I got mine on amazon. I got a wavepoint fixture. If you want to spend a bit more, you could get an ATI sunpower fixture from bulkreef supply. assuming your 55 is the standard 48" length, a 48" 4 bulb fixture would take care of your needs. If you go t5's, i can help you pick out bulbs as well. Most people get rid of the bulbs that come with the fixtures and get better ones.

6. skiergd011013

sorry, computers going a little crazy.....

7. MRodrigues1991

MRodrigues1991 Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I think you shouldn't necesarilly go for the "cheapest". Do a bit of research on the forums, check out the specific lighting forum, see what style you prefer and see what options there are out there for that particular style of light.

You will run into problems by just getting the cheapest of everything. You will find that a little bit more money now will save you a lot of money and frustration down the road. Now, I am not saying you need to buy the most expensive light, but just try to understand through some research the different options and their benefits.

If you aren't doing coral, I'd say the cheaper route may work but if your doing coral, it is better to invest in a decent fixutre.

8. bpinkstaff

bpinkstaff Active Member

I have a 5 month old led orbit system I have had great success with just went to higher output lights to grow other Corals. It’s yours for 100

saltyfilmfolks likes this.
  9. saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks Lights! Camera! Reef! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor

That’s very cool of you.

bpinkstaff likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted