Lights ,Pump and Heater

billpater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about getting a Water Box Marine X 90.3 Its about 60 gallons.They suggest using 2 AI Prime 16 HD Reef lights, a Sicce Syncra Silent 4.0 return pump. Any thoughts or does that sound good.Also any suggestions on what heater to use?

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water Box make great tanks.

For lighting what are your goals with the tank? Fish only, soft corals, LPS, SPS, mixed reef?

Pump recommendation seems okay, I would favor a slightly larger pump given the head pressure of pumping up from a sump.

Heater is tricky to answer as its dependent on where you live and your houses internal temp. I'd be tempted to run two 75W heaters with one staggered to only turn on if other heater can't achieve temp.

OP
OP
B

billpater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to keep a few fish and mixed reef ,assortment of corals.
Also unfortunately the tank has to set up on carpet, heard I should put plywood down, what thickness should it be.

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Syncra 3.0s for my 100g build. The lights should handle most setups but never used them myself. I prefer eheim jager heaters as they have a long track record of reliability. Even then, I use two that are slightly underpowered to be safe. They will wear out. Also, be aware they are long so double check they will fit.

Be careful how you place a tank on carpet. The tack strips along the wall can be problematic. If you do go with plywood, be sure to seal the edges well.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back