Lights (White, Blue, Green, Red) ramp up, Ramp down Light schedule

Ritchie G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I just got LED lighting that can Use White, Red, Yellow, Purple, Lt Blue, Blue, Green. I know that with a FOWLR tank you can use any lighting, but is there any lists of a good schedule of the color of lights to use when lights come on, ramp up, ramp down then off? Colors and running times would be appreciated.

Also any colors to avoid as to not promote unwanted algae?

Thanks
Ritchie

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I just got LED lighting that can Use White, Red, Yellow, Purple, Lt Blue, Blue, Green. I know that with a FOWLR tank you can use any lighting, but is there any lists of a good schedule of the color of lights to use when lights come on, ramp up, ramp down then off? Colors and running times would be appreciated.

Also any colors to avoid as to not promote unwanted algae?

Thanks
Ritchie
Algae use the same light spectrum to grow as photosynthetic coral. Light spectrum is unlikely to be a strong determinant of algae growth.

OP
OP
R

Ritchie G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae use the same light spectrum to grow as photosynthetic coral. Light spectrum is unlikely to be a strong determinant of algae growth.
So I can play around with the lights and just get them to where i like the look of the tank without having to worry about an algae spike. Thanks. I do not have any corals, just fish and live rock.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back