ligth setting for radions to limit bad algae get good going.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok... long story but tank was down and all rock reset up ..
right now.. there are no sps in the tank.. will get those back up and going in a month or so.
need some suggestions.. I was running the radions at 20 percent to limit the hair algae .
I would like some recommendations on the actual color settings. my thought was to set the green and red to absolute zero and see if the discourages the hair and encourages Coralline algae.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure on this. I'm using the SPS AB+ lighting program. I'd imagine that getting algae under control is more about nutrient control than light spectrum...but I can't claim expert status at all. ;)

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the reply.. yes I get nutrient control , phosphate ect. was just wondering if someone had a lighting program for these that,, let me put it this way.. that helped grow coralline algae. .. My thoughts over the years has always been that the dim seems to be the best light to accomplish that.

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the reply.. put another way has there been any good lighting programs for these radions to grow coralline.. I understand and always believed in dim lighting just wondering with the leds if there was something else.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 132 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.5%
Back