OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss of your father. Any time is too soon to lose your dad. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I am not a big fan of chemical treatment of fish due to the difficulty of management and control of all the cascading factors. In the end it is hard to tell if the disease, chemical, or damage to the biological filtration hastens death of the fish. Wish you better success than I have had in management by chemical means in larger systems.
Thank you. Things seem to be on better track now. Its particularly bad with cp cause cant really measure it and all that goes through your head is biodegradation and maintaining effective dose. So i added every day.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Writing update on my last week which was horrible. First and most importantly, on the last day of vacation, i lost my dad!! On that same crazy day we lost a peppermint angel and the big system must have finally got the cp toxic levels. Lost my anthias and crosshatches. Fish looked real bad. Like eyes burned out hanging on bottom. After two 5 k gallon water changes , two carbon changes and getting skimming going on , the fish look better. Appetite is returning but there may have been some damage done yo some fish and small effect on biological filter. We are in stabilization plan just going to continue plan . One or two more water changes before uv goes back on. Ive been warned the possible effects of uv on cp toxicity. !! Then ozone. Still more interested in fish behavior more than water clarity now. Still there is something not 100 per right with some of the fish. Unclear if bothered by trace ammonia registering or after math of toxic cp levels or the original infestation is not gone. If there are flukes still they are prazi resistant so we are watching if we need to do another drug or going to go hypo In meantime it looks like everyday better so on right path !!
Sorry about the loss of your Dad, yesterday was 2 years losing mine. I pray comfort for you and your family. This is an amazing setup, hopefully everything with your fish stabilize.

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you can get the tank straightened out with no more losses. Time has a way of easing our personal losses and perhaps you will find some part of your tank that brings remembrance of your father and comfort thru your grief.

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you can get the tank straightened out with no more losses. Time has a way of easing our personal losses and perhaps you will find some part of your tank that brings remembrance of your father and comfort thru your grief.
Thank you Did lot of work on it today. Did me good. !!

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Writing update on my last week which was horrible. First and most importantly, on the last day of vacation, i lost my dad!! On that same crazy day we lost a peppermint angel and the big system must have finally got the cp toxic levels. Lost my anthias and crosshatches. Fish looked real bad. Like eyes burned out hanging on bottom. After two 5 k gallon water changes , two carbon changes and getting skimming going on , the fish look better. Appetite is returning but there may have been some damage done yo some fish and small effect on biological filter. We are in stabilization plan just going to continue plan . One or two more water changes before uv goes back on. Ive been warned the possible effects of uv on cp toxicity. !! Then ozone. Still more interested in fish behavior more than water clarity now. Still there is something not 100 per right with some of the fish. Unclear if bothered by trace ammonia registering or after math of toxic cp levels or the original infestation is not gone. If there are flukes still they are prazi resistant so we are watching if we need to do another drug or going to go hypo In meantime it looks like everyday better so on right path !!

I truly have empathy for your loss. Enough said, because not enough can be said.;)

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
s.

Took one of Bill wann’s sulfur reactor and converted it for gfo. Trying to get po4 dn from chloraquine but its like shooting elephants with bebe guns going to need lathium drip

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Drew,

Sorry to hear about your father. I lost mine unexpectedly a year and a half ago and it is by far the hardest thing I've had to manage in my life. A piece of us dies with them. It really sucks. I'm sure the tank is keeping you preoccupied. I hope you can win the battle and get this ship on the right track.

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drew,

Sorry to hear about your father. I lost mine unexpectedly a year and a half ago and it is by far the hardest thing I've had to manage in my life. A piece of us dies with them. It really sucks. I'm sure the tank is keeping you preoccupied. I hope you can win the battle and get this ship on the right track.
Thank you so much cuzza !! Ya its like not real half time to me. Like did that really just happen?

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much cuzza !! Ya its like not real half time to me. Like did that really just happen?
You're welcome. Yep. A year and half later and I still have my "W T F, is this real?" moments. All we can do is use the good memories we had to get by. It took me a year to get right and finally be able to laugh at the memories. Nevertheless, it changes us.

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome. Yep. A year and half later and I still have my "W T F, is this real?" moments. All we can do is use the good memories we had to get by. It took me a year to get right and finally be able to laugh at the memories. Nevertheless, it changes us.
Yup

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just catching back up after a few days . Deepest sympathies on loss of your dad.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back