Introducing my home 17k gallon reef

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
umm wow!! can we see your house too lol. Ive gotta say, well done, i cant wait to see this become a full blown reef with corals too.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank, the room it's in looks spectacular as well!

dansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You know... a webcam streaming this would be something more than a few people would pay for..... Of course, you could block out the background noise.....

Your tank is a masterpiece.... and I look forward to following its progress!

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know... a webcam streaming this would be something more than a few people would pay for..... Of course, you could block out the background noise.....

Ya. We are on it. Thx

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you normally keep them that brightly lit?
I had the pleasure to see the Waikiki pep just a few months before it expired (Oct 2015, have nice photographs, someplace). I can't help but think of the deepwater display they have in there that is really dimly lit. Their pep was lit about half this level. (also at that time, they had a harem of personatus in the big tank in the back).

PS - we once sat on the same bench in the lobby of the Denver MACNA hotel. I didn't even know it was you until K. Kohen told me who you were after you walked away, lol.

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you normally keep them that brightly lit?
I had the pleasure to see the Waikiki pep just a few months before it expired (Oct 2015, have nice photographs, someplace). I can't help but think of the deepwater display they have in there that is really dimly lit. Their pep was lit about half this level. (also at that time, they had a harem of personatus in the big tank in the back).

PS - we once sat on the same bench in the lobby of the Denver MACNA hotel. I didn't even know it was you until K. Kohen told me who you were after you walked away, lol.
Hi there. So i think i turned up the light for video. No i keep it reasonably dim. But not really sure it matters much now.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple years back while visiting in Bangkok, we got to visit Chingchai's massive tank and it was modified to fit in a air condiitoned room right across from his office. My jaw dropped all the while I was there ... ;Drool

And if I were to view yours then my eyes will definitely pop out from it's sockets!!! :oops:

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple years back while visiting in Bangkok, we got to visit Chingchai's massive tank and it was modified to fit in a air condiitoned room right across from his office. My jaw dropped all the while I was there ... ;Drool

And if I were to view yours then my eyes will definitely pop out from it's sockets!!! :oops:
Thx !!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Married??
Wanna be??
Sorry had to ask. Amazing.
Are you married? Asking for a friend. (Doesn't matter if you are male or female... my friend is willing to make an exception either way)
I got this question recently. Friend me.
This is great. I may have to rejoin Facebook just to see this thing in action, it's been 3 years addiction free!
I may have to just to see ALL the Action :cool:

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That would be very interesting especially to watch spawning behaviour and general fish interaction.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Married??
Wanna be??
Sorry had to ask. Amazing.
Are you married? Asking for a friend. (Doesn't matter if you are male or female... my friend is willing to make an exception either way)

;Watching
I got this question recently. Friend me.
I may have to just to see ALL the Action :cool:
HAHA!! Build a awe inspiring, 2nd to none reef tank and get many solicitations for marriage. I just wonder how many will know or even care who Drew is.

Spouse, "Drew honey, don't you have to fly out this weekend for a business meeting?"

Drew, "Unfortunately, I do... sweetheart"

Spouse, "Don't worry, I'll be here taking care of the tanks. Have fun and if you need to stay an extra couple weeks, I don't mind.... send me a postcard!!!"

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish? Healthy or sick? I've tested it on over 60 different (healthy) species now with no losses. It seems well tolerated IME.

When using it on a sick fish mileage may vary the same as using any other treatment. All depends upon how badly diseased the fish is at time of treatment.
Humblefish. Whats the protocol to treating in display tank. I saw you left me that info but wasnt sure who has been doing it and what to look for

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back