Liquid food - A whole new world!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers :)

As a supplement to feeding my fish, I am poking my nose in to the world of liquid fish food; confused and overwhelmed I now ask for help and recomendations :D

I have a fairly well-stocked and active FOWLR tank (.. with corals to come in a year or so!) and I am looking to add one or two dosing pumps with liquid food as a 'during the day' suplement for my active fish; mainly the Anthias' -in addition to the frozen food they're fed in the morning and evening as well as the occatioanl nori and other treats.

Any recomendations and any advice would be welcome! Preferably something that does not require refrigiation.

Full fish stock:
2 x Ocellaris Clown Fish (Pair)
1 x Timor Wrasse
1 x Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse
1 x Orangeback Fairy Wrasse
1 x Yellow Wrasse
1 x Lawnmower Blenny
1 x One-Spot Foxface Rabbit Fish
1 x Coral Beauty
1 x Royal Gramma
1 x Long Nose Hawk Fish
6 x Lyretail Anthias
2 x Mandarin Goby (Pair)
1 x Copperband Butterfly Fish
1 x Pink Spotted Watchman Goby
1 x Yellow Tail Purple Tang
1 x White Tail Cole Tang

Thanks! :)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to recommend supplemental pods to help your mandarins, anthias and all... I use the easy, lazy spirulina banana peel method in a small beverage container:

Going to defer to others on 'liquid food for fish' as it sounds like an easy way to mess up your water parameters without any real fish benefit...

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to recommend supplemental pods to help your mandarins, anthias and all... I use the easy, lazy spirulina banana peel method in a small beverage container:

Going to defer to others on 'liquid food for fish' as it sounds like an easy way to mess up your water parameters without any real fish benefit...
Thank you :) We have recenly started breading pods our selves; as well as having a running weekly subscription of pods and rotifers delivered in the mail

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t seem to get any response on this; please allow me to ‘bump’ it up! :)

Since the original post, i have been doing a bit more research in to Aquaforest and their line of liquid fish food.

The intention is a mini fridge in my cabinet drilled with RO-tubing. The plan is to automate some of my feeding using a dosing pump - make TBC.

Any experience in this regard, please do share! :)

Oh- and i found a fridge matching all my Reef FactRoy gear!!!!

936C4A80-269F-48CA-A222-5B000D5F5004.jpeg

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you plan on automating feeding, you will probably have to flush the line in order to prevent soiling. Would be curious to design a system like that.

Urban_Epiphyte

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try dosing decapsulated (viable) brine shrimp eggs into a Paul B style bbs feeder. Report back if that works :)

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t seem to get any response on this; please allow me to ‘bump’ it up! :)

Since the original post, i have been doing a bit more research in to Aquaforest and their line of liquid fish food.

The intention is a mini fridge in my cabinet drilled with RO-tubing. The plan is to automate some of my feeding using a dosing pump - make TBC.

Any experience in this regard, please do share! :)

Oh- and i found a fridge matching all my Reef FactRoy gear!!!!

936C4A80-269F-48CA-A222-5B000D5F5004.jpeg
If you have A Neptune Apex and a DOS Put in a help ticket, and they will help you with the program.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back