List of the Worlds Best SPS Tanks?

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,

Does a list of what the community at large considers the best SPS tanks in the world exist? I was thinking of creating some sort of list/database of all the SPS tanks that have won say, Tank of the Month, Tank of the Year, etc, or just amazing ones that fellow reefers deem exceptional. My plan is to list wherever possible the tank parameters, lighting type/schedule, dosing, equipment, and husbandry techniques.

Not sure if a list like this exists, but thought it would be interesting to have all of it in one spot that I could share. I'm on a paid leave of absence from my airline, so I have plenty of time before I start flying again, and figured this would be a nice project for me, and also a way to give back to all my fellow reefers who have helped me so much.

More to come!

-Bill

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd start with the member's tanks... If you're looking for large SPS tanks Monster tanks is your place.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There used to be a tank of the month every month that had the nicest tanks but they were not sps everytime. It would be great to have a tank of the month on this forum specific for sps. I know it’s some work but it doesn’t have to be perfect.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The line about some of those guys not wanting to share their secret sauce bugs me. What would sharing this hurt any of them?

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There used to be a tank of the month every month that had the nicest tanks but they were not sps everytime. It would be great to have a tank of the month on this forum specific for sps. I know it’s some work but it doesn’t have to be perfect.
Would much rather see this than a reef of the day. I loved reading all the detailed info on those tanks.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
meh, that’s life.

the reality is that there most likely isnt some special formula out there. Trying to keep some "secret sauce" amino acid or whatever away from others dose more bad than good for your credibility in my eyes. But like you said, who cares

The truth is that there is no secret sauce :)
basically. Stability and good husbandry is really all it takes.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the reality is that there most likely isnt some special formula out there. Trying to keep some "secret sauce" amino acid or whatever away from others dose more bad than good for your credibility in my eyes. But like you said, who cares

basically. Stability and good husbandry is really all it takes.
Take a read through part 2, if you havent.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back