Little creatures on my coral frag?

absaltproject

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One this baby leather toadstool, I noticed a tube that looks like it made of sand and a clear tentacle seems to come out of it here and there. Right next to it, I noticed another creature that hides when I walk by but it’s a creamy beige and has red little frills at the end that comes out.
My question is whether or not these are harmful and is it possible it’s irritating the toadstool? It’ll open up for a while here and there but majority of the time all the polyps are retracted.

F618B1C6-4BB3-4B3D-8A5F-11D807DFF04F.jpeg 6330503E-5210-477E-9EFD-5570F76FE453.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
One this baby leather toadstool, I noticed a tube that looks like it made of sand and a clear tentacle seems to come out of it here and there. Right next to it, I noticed another creature that hides when I walk by but it’s a creamy beige and has red little frills at the end that comes out.
My question is whether or not these are harmful and is it possible it’s irritating the toadstool? It’ll open up for a while here and there but majority of the time all the polyps are retracted.

F618B1C6-4BB3-4B3D-8A5F-11D807DFF04F.jpeg 6330503E-5210-477E-9EFD-5570F76FE453.jpeg
Looks like hydroids or aptasia and even spinoid worms...... hard to see on my phone
For any of them, Using syringe, inject kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and they will wither away

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is whether or not these are harmful and is it possible it’s irritating the toadstool?
Could you get some pics of the clear tentacle from different angles?

The red frilly thing is most likely a feather duster worm, but it could potentially be a barnacle too from what I can see at the moment - both feather dusters and barnacles are harmless filter feeders that shouldn’t bother your coral.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back