Little Flatworms all over stuff!!!

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i recently discovered a ton of flatworms that seem to have appeared overnight and i was wondering how to get rid of them. Are they bad for the fish? There is no coral in the tank right now and no rock has been added in years sooooo i don't know how they got in there. I did recently add a sea hare but it was doa. Do you think he couldve brought it in?
And i,m kinda worried because i put a sea hare in my other tank and it does have corals in it so i don't want to get it infected.

Any help would be very uh, helpfull.

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pics? I doubt a sea hare could have brought them in. I think your other tank is safe ; I wouldn't worry much. If the tank with flatworms has no Coral I would assume they'll die off if not there are several wrasse species that actively eat them....

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pics? I doubt a sea hare could have brought them in. I think your other tank is safe and won't worry much. If the tank with flatworms has no Coral I would assume they'll die off if not there are several wrasse species that actively eat them....
ok ill try to get pics. they are blueish and surprisingly fast i thought. came out of no where

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some fw live off the algae within them and dont need much to live or reproduce.
Got a pic?

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so they are bad? the link just said to watch them, i dont know what that is supposed to mean lol

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It means they live off the algae within and can reproduce fast!
Im not a big fan of chemicals myself. Put an extra sock in your sump . Start a sipon with tubing into that sock and you can suck them out all day...

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It means they live off the algae within and can reproduce fast!
Im not a big fan of chemicals myself. Put an extra sock in your sump . Start a sipon with tubing into that sock and you can suck them out all day...
i dont have a sump it is a 14 gallon biocube. So why should i get rid of them is they dont do anything? Do they do anything?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will reproduce and cover coral which in return the corals will suffer.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flat worm exit, run extra carbon to absorb any toxins released by the death of the flatworms. Syphon them out through a filter sock back into the sump to remove them. Once done do a 30% water change to remove the fwe

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flat worm exit, run extra carbon to absorb any toxins released by the death of the flatworms. Syphon them out through a filter sock back into the sump to remove them. Once done do a 30% water change to remove the fwe
oh ok i dont have any coral in there right now so ill just kill em sometime thanks for all the help

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back