Little tiny black worms on rocks and substrate,good,bad or neutral?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i hope for the love of god this link works and everyobe can see it.
I bought a largish gsp frag the other week and presume came on that with lots other stuff even though dipped.
There tiny like few mm long and act like worms lifting front part body up then back part body lifts up then front part moves if get me.
Done some research on little black worms and lots views ( i wont say what as may influence peoples opinions ^_^ )

Good or bad ?

Edit: i see often little black specs on the rocks and on the initial 8 inch x 6 inch gsp frag i got,not sure if related or seperate.

They that small i cant see any mouths or gills or anything and have no microscope,i know having microscope will be very beneficial when owning a reef tank so will invest in a cheapish one sometime.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like detritus worms. Is this aquarium gravel or crushed coral ? Often SIGN OF LACK OF SIPHONING OR EXCESS FOOD

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a fine sand like 2- 3 mm and got small mini hermit crab for context. Not sure on exact name of sand as bought 5 years ago from an lfs and didnt set tank up till just over 6 months ago and bag sand was in was unmarked.looks like a Fiji pink sand.
Only put gsp frag in few weeks ago and week after noticed these so only did one water change since .
I read earlier a wrasse from halichores family will eat detritus worms as this what i thought they was initially so my silver belly wrasse always hunting on rocks and occasionally sand bed.
I got 8 fish and feed half frozen cube defrosted times a day and use turkey baster to put bit in a time so not much if any hits the sand bed.

So detritus worms just extra food for our fishy friends and extra cuc members or could be labelled as bad ? Or bad if got excess numbers off them ,i wouldnt say got lots but ovbiously they so small and lots nucks and crannies all over.

Attachments

• 20210729_230515.jpg
    20210729_230515.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210729_230754.jpg
    20210729_230754.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 58

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Its a fine sand like 2- 3 mm and got small mini hermit crab for context. Not sure on exact name of sand as bought 5 years ago from an lfs and didnt set tank up till just over 6 months ago and bag sand was in was unmarked.looks like a Fiji pink sand.
Only put gsp frag in few weeks ago and week after noticed these so only did one water change since .
I read earlier a wrasse from halichores family will eat detritus worms as this what i thought they was initially so my silver belly wrasse always hunting on rocks and occasionally sand bed.
I got 8 fish and feed half frozen cube defrosted times a day and use turkey baster to put bit in a time so not much if any hits the sand bed.

So detritus worms just extra food for our fishy friends and extra cuc members or could be labelled as bad ? Or bad if got excess numbers off them ,i wouldnt say got lots but ovbiously they so small and lots nucks and crannies all over.
not bad- just , , , they multiply

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for quick reply and advice as usual.
Will watch what i feed,im quite good on the feeding imo apart from i think it called reef nutrition green algae sheets,only my silver belly and cleaner wrasse pay it any interest aw and ywg so end up putting it down close to sandbed so cuc can finish it off so need to put less off this in as often leave it in from 5pm till next morning ( about once a week) and i can have 2- 3 more fish in tank so may even research on another wrasse what will be good all rounder pest eater so maybe that help with these little worms plus any other pests as love how wrasses look and behave,also thinking off adding a copperband butterfly but undecided as off yet.still on research stage .ovbiously one that eats frozen and will be buying fresh clams and cut slivers off and make feeder only copperband can get food out if needed. I read they like eat worms and tube worms and stuff like this so maybe they eat these little detritus worms idk though but as i say im undecided what to do yet.
Anyway thankyou very much ^_^

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back