Live Aquaria has exhausted my patience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheStrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky and had two orders from Live Aquaria arrive on time and without issue today, an hour before scheduled. Those were Divers Den/ORA non dropshipped critters from the Wisconsin/Florida facilities though. The only shipping delay I've had for my past ~5 orders this month was from reefcleaners and that was a weird case of the package circling around post offices within 30 miles of me for three days. I've had a pending claim with NYAquatics regarding one fish that just wasn't shipped, and a DOA shrimp since the 8th, but they're pretty busy I guess. I'm not that concerned, I know it'll get taken care of sooner or later and wouldn't let that stop me from recommending them. I'll also put in another good word for ReefBeauties if they've got what you're looking for. Customer service is superb and they really seem to put in extra effort to get you healthy fish.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@proxy001 We are sorry to hear your order was delayed. Unfortunate, however, all carriers will experience delays from time to time. Glad to see part of your order was delivered on time yesterday and the remaining package this morning. Hoping everything is in good health! Our facilities prepare for unanticipated delays with added oxygen in the bags as well as cooling packs and insulated shipping boxes. Again, we apologize for the delay and please keep in touch with any concerns you have with your new arrivals. Have a great day!

OP
OP
proxy001

proxy001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last order, you forgot to pack a sea urchin
You sent me the wrong plate coral, I sent you at least 5 pictures per your request and none were satisfactory for you to admit you sent the wrong coral.
I understand you cannot be responsible for UPS. And UPS has shipping problems nationwide, maybe it's time to switch to fedex.
Also my problem with that is : shipping fish/invert is extremely stressful on species that are not easy to begin with. (blue star, copperband). So shipping delays do not improve odds of survival, specially when shipping to Florida in the summer where outside temp is high.
Yes you have a DOA/Guarantee. So I have been in a vicious circle where I lose 1 in 4 specimen, you do credit the value to next order as opposed to refund. Then to use the credit I have to order more to meet ordering threshold.
I think I got the UPS overnight delayed 3 times now. (last time they actually delivered the order to the wrong address, recipient was kind enough to drive to bring me the box...)
Honestly, not the best experience.
Surely your company can do better.

Mike907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@proxy001 We are sorry to hear your order was delayed. Unfortunate, however, all carriers will experience delays from time to time. Glad to see part of your order was delivered on time yesterday and the remaining package this morning. Hoping everything is in good health! Our facilities prepare for unanticipated delays with added oxygen in the bags as well as cooling packs and insulated shipping boxes. Again, we apologize for the delay and please keep in touch with any concerns you have with your new arrivals. Have a great day!
Thats a pretty cookie cutter response with no real care for the concern to the consumer. I agree, with who your company is, I think you should definitely be doing better. Or at least care that you arent.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@proxy001 We see the Urchin and Plate Coral concerns that were addressed in June. We can and will strive to do better! Our loyal customers are deserving of the best service possible. We do find it necessary to remain consistent with the credit for losses, as noted in our guarantee policy.
Again, thank you for the feedback--good, bad, neutral are all valuable! We hope you enjoy your weekend.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will not if possible buy from companies that ship UPS, they are never on time even before the covid crap. Spent 2 weeks chasing a package down because the driver just couldn't seem to find the drive way entrance. Worst shipping company out there in my opinion.
Since Amazon is a UPS supporter we don't order from them anymore either.

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live aquaria and divers den has been bought out by a private company. This happened a few days ago so I would hold off on future orders and see what happens.

Boco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now shipping is super risky, i just shipped something paying for 2 day priority and we are on day 10 and its still not even in the state its supposed to be in. I have been hearing that all shipping has been slowed down due to the Corona virus, this is including overnight shipping making it very frustrating i have a few things i want to order but im too concerned that it will be 2+ days instead of overnight so im holding off on ordering right now.

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They must be denying all claims. Here is what the denied from me.

20200909_140420.jpg

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They must be denying all claims. Here is what the denied from me.

20200909_140420.jpg
That water is COMPLETELY foul I mean just disgusting and nasty. Nothing could live in there not even mosquito larvae. This is the clearest reason I’ve ever seen for a refund and they should definitely have given you the DOA guarantee for this. I ship corals all the time to folks here on R2R and my DOA policy is dead in the bag or dead within 3 days (like a zoa melts or something) completely refunded or asked if they’d like me to send a replacement if they pay shipping again. All good transactions and I have had repeat customers. If a 16 year old hobbyist can deliver on a DOA policy and keep her customers happy, a large company like Live Aquaria should definitely be able to do so as well. This is inexcusable and I was going to order some fire clowns from them but I think I’m just going to go through my LFS instead because this is ridiculous. Thanks y’all for warning people about these crooks :)

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably made 4 orders with overnight shipping in the last 3 months
3 of them arrived 48 hours later. I get it, UPS is responsible , but at some point as a company you are only as good as a the weakest link.

We, customers are PAYING for overnight shipping. Mostly to minimize stress on animals and increase odds of survival.

Over my various orders, they sent me sick fish, dead starfish on arrival, wrong corals.

Of course their willingness to take financial responsibility is limited. Customer service is robotic at best.

The experience has become unacceptable.

Fellow reefers, can you recommend a better company for livestock online?

Thank you
Never had trouble with saltwaterfish.com

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back