Live Aquaria Loses their Top Lieutenant – Kevin Kohen, to Depart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin Kohen has decided to part ways with Live Aquaria the company he helped grow into a major eCommerce player in the specialty aquatics market per a social media post. Kevin was always interested in fish. His interest in rare and exotic fish was evident when he and his team came up with Divers Den…
Source

Continue reading...

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, whoever takes over, realizes that they need to get back to their old way of doing business. The past year or 2 were a joke.
What do you me by "old way"? Just curious. I've been using Liveaquaria for many years and have nothing but good things to say about them. If anything is wrong, they always try to make it right by me.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you me by "old way"? Just curious. I've been using Liveaquaria for many years and have nothing but good things to say about them. If anything is wrong, they always try to make it right by me.
Recently there have been bad things happening to people. Even if LA does work it out after, a fish is a living thing and not in unlimited supply, we can’t treat them as some package that got lost and we are getting a new one. The old way was healthy fish, each made sure of its health and carefully packaged. Perhaps that’s why Kevin left LA. The board probably wanted to keep things all about the money, take in huge amounts of fish, ship them even if they aren’t looking great, etc. Kevin isn’t the type of guy who deals in mediocre business. No wonder they shortened their guarantee! They better shape up or risk being put out of business by others like TSM Aquatics

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently there have been bad things happening to people. Even if LA does work it out after, a fish is a living thing and not in unlimited supply, we can’t treat them as some package that got lost and we are getting a new one. The old way was healthy fish, each made sure of its health and carefully packaged. Perhaps that’s why Kevin left LA. The board probably wanted to keep things all about the money, take in huge amounts of fish, ship them even if they aren’t looking great, etc. Kevin isn’t the type of guy who deals in mediocre business. No wonder they shortened their guarantee! They better shape up or risk being put out of business by others like TSM Aquatics
I had a recent order held by them (1 week) due to the weather. Most of the issues I've ever had was because Fedex doesn't care they are transporting for a living animal. I've looked at ordering from TSM Aquatics, but their stocklist is always limited. Would love to see more options other than Divers Den, but for now it's Diver's Den for me. :)

a hill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, this was expected by many in the industry as the article says.

The whole petco fiasco has done major damage that will be hard to overcome.

I recently spoke to an employee about everything. She has been with live aquaria almost from the start and told me they cut massive amounts of people via petco deal and now with the splitting off she is hopeful for the future but it will be a very very rough road over the next few years as they rebuild their staff and business. They don’t even have their state of the art warehouse facility that they had purchased prior to the petco acquisition so stuff is a mess.

-Andrew

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now I just realized they switched from ups to fed ex for cheaper shipping and what do you know? Delays in Memphis! All these vendors are bottom dollar driven so they choose the cheapest shipper (fed ex) it’s sad.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole thing just went back up for me at least. Also DD has todays releases so...

tkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not hit Liveaquaria using IE or Firefox, but was able to hit the website using Chrome just now.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back