• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Live Aquaria what's the deal?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

NC_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all I usually don't like to put people on blast but I feel like this is my last resort to get this situation sorted out.

One month ago exactly from this date on Feb 18th I placed an order from Live Aquaria during their wrasse sale. The purchase was a Blue Star Leopard Wrasse - Female (Maldives) - Medium. Check out was uneventful. It wasn't Feb 22nd I got an email saying their would be a delay because of increased order volume. On Feb 22nd I got an email saying there was a shipping delay due to inclement weather. Which honestly was not too bad in my area of North Carolina so On Feb 24th I emailed asking when I could possibly get a shipping date because the weather was in the mid 60's that week (and weeks following). Feb 25th they replied saying that all normal shipping would resume except for in Texas.

Sike jokes on me.

March 2nd I decided to use the Live Aquaria live chat to see if I could find some answers. And I was told they were trying to get all the orders completed by March 5th as they have resumed all normal shipping. March 5th comes and I get nothing but an email saying that my order will be cancelled by March 11th if they can't get ahold of the fish. Wait what...? (Meanwhile I've been watching this fish go in and out of stock the whole time.)

The following week I called their customer support and the lady was extremely nice and she told me that they are trying to get the fish sent out this week (apparently it was in stock even though I didn't see it available on the site). She also said they will keep my order open past March 11th since I made contact with them and she put a note on my order.

Just for giggles I decided to put the female blue star leopard wrasse for in stock notifications just incase.

Fast-forward to today I get an email saying a Blue Star Leopard Wrasse - Female (Maldives) Medium is available and get another email 2hours later saying my order has been CANCELLED. ;Dead

To top it off I placed this order using a store credit from a previous DOA.

So I'm at a loss as to what to do, if I would place the order again I would lose out the original sale
@LiveAquaria

On a side note I have since placed an order on DD and have already received my tracking number so I'm sure about "unable to obtain payment authorization" from the previous order.

- Kind regards

1shipment delay.JPG 2incliment weather.JPG 3order and convo.JPG 3.5end of convo portion.JPG 4possible order cancle.JPG 5instock notification.JPG 6order cancel email.JPG

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We sincerely apologize for the delay/cancellation of your order. We were impacted by the ice storms which cause significant delays at the FedEx hubs in Memphis, TN, Fort Worth, TX and Indianapolis, IN. Once the weather cleared, we attempted to ship packages which caused packages to be delayed for up to a week. For the health of the specimens, we did decide to hold orders. It did take an additional week for these hubs to clear up their backlog so we could start to ship again. We will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss and offer a resolution. Thank you for your understanding and loyalty to LiveAquaria.

OP
OP
N

NC_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to say that @LiveAquaria was quick and professional to make this right! Everyone I spoke to over the phone were extremely polite. The fish arrived today as they said it would, thank you!

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to say that @LiveAquaria was quick and professional to make this right! Everyone I spoke to over the phone were extremely polite. The fish arrived today as they said it would, thank you!
@Ncreefer Thank you Arien! It was a pleasure to work with you and we appreciate the opportunity to make things right. Never hesitate to reach out!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back