Live black worms

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some live black worms from my lfs. Can anyone tell me what these little get colored things are. Almost look like leeches.
IMG_5958.JPG

Todvod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen a couple vids on black worms and each one mentioned picking out leaches.

ReefTeacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not leaches, they are simply a flat worm that coculures with the blackworms. Some fish will eat them, most will not, but they do no harm. From the California Blackworm site:

Our California Blackworms ( THEY ARE NOT TUBIFEX) are farm raised in the best of conditions. They are not harvested from ditches, duck ponds, factory run offs, or hatchery ponds. At various times of the year different types of worms and flat worms might appear mixed with your Blackworms. These are not harmful to your fish.

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not leaches, they are simply a flat worm that coculures with the blackworms. Some fish will eat them, most will not, but they do no harm. From the California Blackworm site:

Our California Blackworms ( THEY ARE NOT TUBIFEX) are farm raised in the best of conditions. They are not harvested from ditches, duck ponds, factory run offs, or hatchery ponds. At various times of the year different types of worms and flat worms might appear mixed with your Blackworms. These are not harmful to your fish.

Awesome thank you

ReefTeacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these particular flatworms are not. One cannot say flatworms in general are not a problem as there are so many species. As an example, flukes that infect fish skin and gills are flatworms too and very much a problem.

Back