Live Brine Shrimp for fish - good as is or need to add Phyto?

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I bought a brine shrimp hatchery for some young Bangaii and have more than I need. For my DT reef fish, is the live Brine provide any nutritional value to the adult fish or do i need to feed them phytoplankton before adding the Brine to my DT? I read that they have no nutrition value, so I thought I would get some recommendations/advice.

Thanks

Dude60415

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your going to want to feed them spriluna. That should pretty much cover what your after. I do feed mines a few other things( not phytoplankton) but not necessary. I raise mines in 2 different systems so I have 3 sizes of brine available. The fresh hatched get fed to the coral while they still have some yolk left in the sac.

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the live brine I have currently hatched over the last 4 days. Will I pollute my DT by dumping them in there, or should i dispose of them?

Dude60415

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't believe so. But if there 4 days old there ready to be fed something as they should have ran out of yolk. Either way the fish will eat them. And pods are carnivores so whatever the fish dont eat they will. As brine only really contain what they are fed theres nothing to add to pollute so to speak. Just use the sieve that came with the hatchery if it has one or you will need to get one. What kind of hatchery do you have?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back