Live copepods from vendors

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to feed my fish live pods that I will be pruchasing online. I am worried about adding the water that the pods came in, i to my tank. Is there a safer way of doing this? Im considering tommys pods as there is a good sale going on. Like to hear some thoughts

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be brand new saltwater mix, not from an existing tank, so nothing to worry about. The water might sometimes be a tint of green if they add phyto to the bottle.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to feed my fish live pods that I will be pruchasing online. I am worried about adding the water that the pods came in, i to my tank. Is there a safer way of doing this? Im considering tommys pods as there is a good sale going on. Like to hear some thoughts
We strain our pods from the water that they are cultured in and bottle them in fresh saltwater :)

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most use new water when shipping . If you're that concerned you can use a copepod sive or a coffee filter will work in a pinch . But I don't think you have anything to worry about personally

OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my copepod bottle for the first time. Should I be adding in the whole thing or little by little? How long do copepods live in a bottle?

fyi i dont have a refugium. I just bought to give my fish live feeding

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got my copepod bottle for the first time. Should I be adding in the whole thing or little by little? How long do copepods live in a bottle?

fyi i dont have a refugium. I just bought to give my fish live feeding
I would recommend to put the whole thing in the aquarium with the lights and flow off for about 30-45 minutes. This allows the pods to get into the rockwork crevasses and sand bed so they can reproduce for you and not all be eaten immediately.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back